Sign in to follow this  
JesusSaves

Re-homing our Dog- Lab/ Australian Shepherd mix

We are wanting to re-home out Dog "Rocky." He is about 2 years old. Weighs about 40- 50 lbs. We found him about 6 months ago in the middle of nowhere at night on the reservation in New Mexico on our way to Colorado. We could tell he was not taken care of, but he was very friendly, He had a lot of ticks on him and an old sun-faded rope tied around his neck. We got him cleaned up and got his shots in the hope of finding him a good home. We grew attached to him and ended up keeping him. But we have 2 kids, 2 other, older female dogs and a cat. And I feel that we are too busy to let him get to his full potential. He is not too crazy, he doesn't chew stuff up, he is house trained, he walks fine on a leash and he is smart. But I feel he would be happier if he could run around more or have a "job." Rocky would be a great hunting dog or active dog with some training or great in a big property where he can really run around. He needs to be trained to be off of the leash because he tends to want to run off and explore, he has always come back, but he needs to be trained to stick around or he will end up lost or hurt.

We want him to go to a good home that will keep him and not let him end up in the pound (we would rather you give him back to us.) And I wouldn't want him used to lion or bear hunt, because he is too sweet of a dog and I want him taken care of. Let me know if you would be interested. We are located in Payson.

post-9800-0-26450100-1519889109_thumb.jpg

post-9800-0-40043600-1519889126_thumb.jpg

post-9800-0-61028200-1519889149_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Hello....I wanted to check with you on the status of Rocky. We live in Tucson and recently lost our beloved Goldi. We have a 7yr old male black lab (Tobi) who acts like he's a 2yr old. Very playful and loves other dogs. We've always been a 2-dog family so they have company when we are out. We've been talking about a buddy for Tobi but wanted it to be the right situation and feel. We have always done the rescue way of having dogs. This situation with Rocky sounds like what we were waiting for for us and Tobi. Kudos to you and your family for what you did for him. They need the breaks that people like you give them to live the good life.

We have a large back yard and take walks every morning. We don't use Tobi for hunting and Rocky would be the same around here. Just patrol the yard would be the extent of it. He would get 2 squares a day with treats, free medical and lots of loving. Already talked to the wife and she agreed to reach out to you.

My name is Eric and my number is: 520-404-6114

You can text if sounds ok and we can figure out a "meet and greet" with them.

Thx, Eric

post-3443-0-17725900-1519914990_thumb.jpg

post-3443-0-93661500-1519914771_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Good deal. If you offered a free cell phone that would be more American. Just joking good luck, hope you meet up😉

• Like 1

Hello....I wanted to check with you on the status of Rocky. We live in Tucson and recently lost our beloved Goldi. We have a 7yr old male black lab (Tobi) who acts like he's a 2yr old. Very playful and loves other dogs. We've always been a 2-dog family so they have company when we are out. We've been talking about a buddy for Tobi but wanted it to be the right situation and feel. We have always done the rescue way of having dogs. This situation with Rocky sounds like what we were waiting for for us and Tobi. Kudos to you and your family for what you did for him. They need the breaks that people like you give them to live the good life.

We have a large back yard and take walks every morning. We don't use Tobi for hunting and Rocky would be the same around here. Just patrol the yard would be the extent of it. He would get 2 squares a day with treats, free medical and lots of loving. Already talked to the wife and she agreed to reach out to you.

My name is Eric and my number is: 520-404-6114

You can text if sounds ok and we can figure out a "meet and greet" with them.

Thx, Eric

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_3127.JPG

My black lab that has now passed as manly as he was even at 12 13 years old would still walk to the mailbox with me carrying his stuffed animal LOL

• Like 1

Thought I would send a follow up on the re-homing of Rocky. The meet and greet went great with our lab Tobi. We brought Rocky to his new home in Tucson. He set out patrolling the yard and setting the lizards and ground squirrels straight! His second night here he met the neighborhood trash dumper pigs through our fence. He went crazy and I think it was probably a first for him. He and Tobi have classic wrestling and tug-o-war matches that usually end in a draw. We have noticed Tobi's mood go way up with this little hotshot after the loss of our girl Goldi. He went in for snake avoidance training this morning and passed with flying (literally) colors! He has been a great addition to our family and I can't thank Mike and his family enough for their rescue and care for Rocky! They get constant updates and pictures/videos to keep up with him.

Anyhow....Thought I would give a follow up on the post. It worked out good!

post-3443-0-27084700-1524943901_thumb.jpeg

post-3443-0-94238800-1524945200_thumb.jpeg

post-3443-0-29672800-1524944054_thumb.jpeg

post-3443-0-26156100-1524946206.jpeg

• Like 6