rossislider

Left Over Elk Tag List B.S.!!!

Just gonna throw this out there maybe the draw was correct and they just messed up on the leftover list. But everyone losing their minds to try and hang game and fish over one leftover tag in unit 1 and 4a is kind of crazy.

I read guys losing their minds, figured there was gonna be like 100 leftover tags per unit. I look, 1 tag. Lmao

It is hilarious until your kid put in for that hunt as a first or second choice and were instead given a bonus point. Not saying it was my daughter who would have gotten that tag, but there is no good excuse for there to be a "left-over" tag if someone who put in for it didn't draw. It this case it is probably well over 1000 that put in for most of these and didn't get drawn.
even if they decide to figure out who deserved the tag next in line all of your kids are still gonna get a bonus point and the one kid is gonna get a tag. Only difference is this way whichever kid ends up getting it doesn't have to use points to get it.

Just gonna throw this out there maybe the draw was correct and they just messed up on the leftover list. But everyone losing their minds to try and hang game and fish over one leftover tag in unit 1 and 4a is kind of crazy.

I read guys losing their minds, figured there was gonna be like 100 leftover tags per unit. I look, 1 tag. Lmao

Well, if I recall correctly, you drew a tag this year. How would you feel if there was a bull tag left over for your first choice?

Well, if I recall correctly, you drew a tag this year. How would you feel if there was a bull tag left over for your first choice?

but these are cow tags

So I called about this. It is all about declined cards. The reason I got was if someone got declined they went to the next person in line. If that person in line was also declined the tag went to the left over list. They didn't have a plan for this and never really thought it through. I think there will be changes in the future but who knows. Colorado calls 5 people. Seems like those who put in for those hunts got screwed.

It is hilarious until your kid put in for that hunt as a first or second choice and were instead given a bonus point. Not saying it was my daughter who would have gotten that tag, but there is no good excuse for there to be a "left-over" tag if someone who put in for it didn't draw. It this case it is probably well over 1000 that put in for most of these and didn't get drawn.
even if they decide to figure out who deserved the tag next in line all of your kids are still gonna get a bonus point and the one kid is gonna get a tag. Only difference is this way whichever kid ends up getting it doesn't have to use points to get it.

You guys are still missing the point. Whoever gets it as a left over, even if it is my kid, is not the person who rightfully should have gotten that tag. Someone (once again, I am not saying it was me or my crew) got screwed over. How are you guys okay with that?

• Like 1

You guys are still missing the point. Whoever gets it as a left over, even if it is my kid, is not the personally who rightfully should have gotten that tag. Someone (once again, I am not saying it was me or my crew) got screwed over. How are you guys okay with that?

I get your point and totally agree... there is an issue here.

but these are cow tags

Yes I know, I don't particularly like the Hopi tag allotments, but that's a separate issue (at least almost every year there's an archery bull tag left over...). The issue is here that even cow tags are quite a "gift" for many people and to be given a bonus point instead of that tag, when you correctly applied for that tag, is wrong.

I am sure it's a disheartening thing to see one of your choices on the leftover list, but where in the draw rules does it state that rejected cards will go to the next applicant?

Why don't you like the Hopi tag allotment? It gives antelope hunters thousands of acres to hunt that other wise wouldn't be there.

So, does "John Q Public" get thousands of additional acres to hunt elk? If those are "extra" tags that wouldn't have been included otherwise, then I'm good with it.

ok so what is the day they need to be mailed in by?

In the past, the G&F need your app to be delivered the mail on Saturday... you do the math to get it delivered to their office on the day they are not there. If they get it Friday, they return it (too early). If they get it on Monday, it's too late (they do it first thing Monday morning), but if it gets delivered on Saturday, when they're closed, you're in the "mix".

I don't know how to use the quote button but yes John Q Public gets thousands of acres to hunt elk. There are elk that are on Hopi lands and there is a hunt in 4B north that is directly used for those elk .

• Like 1