Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

Cabelas military discount program seems to be going liberal P.C.

They are giving you a discount on stuff that they dont have to and you wanna nit pick what you can and cant get discounts on. Get outta here!!

Again somebody else I don't think read what I wrote here in my first sentence.

👉 "Okay so I understand in military discount is a pretty cool thing any company that offers it as far as I'm concerned is going above and beyond and saying thank you and I appreciate that."

So my question is why have they recently changed it and it added ammo bullets gunpowder Guns Etc? Most places still do guns they just make it 5% instead of like Sportsman's does 5% off on guns I believe instead of 10%. Again any military discount is going above and beyond for military Elio First Responders it's above and beyond it's no different than Wendy's or Carl's jr. Or Lowe's or Home Depot. But Lowe's and Home Depot don't say you can't use it on hammers Wendy's doesn't say you can't use it on a triple cheeseburger only a single. Most only exclude discount on high dollar items. Again I understand very large ticket items but when it comes to a box of bullets or some Gunpowder it makes me start to wonder.

They killed the online discount as well... in stores only now.

Yes I had literally just gone through the paperwork of getting my online discount setup where they wanted military ID emailed to them picture photocopy all that good stuff I just got it all set up Place one order like that and then now they took it to where you can't use it online anymore

They are giving you a discount on stuff that they dont have to and you wanna nit pick what you can and cant get discounts on. Get outta here!!

👉 "Okay so I understand in military discount is a pretty cool thing any company that offers it as far as I'm concerned is going above and beyond and saying thank you and I appreciate that."

So my question is why have they recently changed it and it added ammo bullets gunpowder Guns Etc? Most places still do guns they just make it 5% instead of like Sportsman's does 5% off on guns I believe instead of 10%. Again any military discount is going above and beyond for military Elio First Responders it's above and beyond it's no different than Wendy's or Carl's jr. Or Lowe's or Home Depot. But Lowe's and Home Depot don't say you can't use it on hammers Wendy's doesn't say you can't use it on a triple cheeseburger only a single. Most only exclude discount on high dollar items. Again I understand very large ticket items but when it comes to a box of bullets or some Gunpowder it makes me start to wonder.

Your post should of stopped after the first sentence. How about appreciating the fact they offer mil discount at all. Not going to argue with you about it and I thank you and others for your service, but this thread wreaks of entitlement.

• Like 3

Your post should of stopped after the first sentence. How about appreciating the fact they offer mil discount at all. Not going to argue with you about it and I thank you and others for your service, but this thread wreaks of entitlement.

L.O.L. ok

Okay so I understand in military discount is a pretty cool thing any company that offers it as far as I'm concerned is going above and beyond and saying thank you and I appreciate that. But when a company starts putting restrictions on what you're allowed to use your military discount on for reasons other than such as you can't get 10% off of a boat or a quad that makes sense to me the very expensive item that would be a very large discount. But as of a few weeks back Cabelas has stepped it up you cannot use your military discount on any ammunition bullets gunpowder reloading stuff at all can anybody explain that to me? I mean they already don't allow discounts on any Firearms any military discount that is but to include guns powder bullets Exedra I don't understand this one

You know they don't have to give any sort of discount on anything right?

Okay so you quoted me you want to go back and read my first sentence please thank you

hoghntr, you have to remember who you are dealing with. One of the top 3 most negative people in this forum. I don't say much, but this guy has been working my nerves for a while now. How an admitted thief and liar got a job working for an outfitter is beyond me.

• Like 2

Toughen up big guy no need to get your feelings hurt or let someone get on your nerves on an internet forum. Also curious what I lied about? I was about as upfront about the whole deal as you could be. But since I paid a fine and didn't end up going to prison over an $80 camera I somehow deserve to be shot to please you people. My question is how does someone who is one of the main guides of the outfitter (who I'm sure you're affiliated with or buddies with) that involved my camera deal takes a client on the reservation, gets caught, things confiscated and he's still working for them. Little bit of a double standard when it involves them breaking laws.

• Like 1

Toughen up big guy no need to get your feelings hurt or let someone get on your nerves on an internet forum. Also curious what I lied about? I was about as upfront about the whole deal as you could be. But since I paid a fine and didn't end up going to prison over an $80 camera I somehow deserve to be shot to please you people. My question is how does someone who is one of the main guides of the outfitter (who I'm sure you're affiliated with or buddies with) that involved my camera deal takes a client on the reservation, gets caught, things confiscated and he's still working for them. Little bit of a double standard when it involves them breaking laws.

another one with low post count and no profile pic.

• Like 1

maybe not generators? not sure but ive used it on rifles and ammo. unless its changed.

Changed.

I just garnered discounts at Sportsmans on new rifle. ammo and scope & scope basses. all within last 3 months. Sportsmans beats Cabelas hands down on ammo and reloading supplies in store. Cabelas has been ok if you want cammo or boots.

• Like 1

And there's one of the other top 3. Another one with a high post count that feels the need to comment on every thread. Sometimes it's just better to keep quiet if you are just going to add negativity to a conversation. I don't want to engage and go tit for tat with you two because knowing the way you are, it would never end. I just find it humorous that 777 has such a high opinion of himself that he thinks nobody could have a poor opinion of him, other than the outfitter he stole from. I'm just a normal, good guy that loves to hunt. Have a nice day boys.

I bet there are lots of guys on here that stole a camera. I just dont see how you guys can hang on to this one guy for so long. He has done more to help guys on here than I have seen most of you other guys do.

• Like 1

And there's one of the other top 3. Another one with a high post count that feels the need to comment on every thread. Sometimes it's just better to keep quiet if you are just going to add negativity to a conversation. I don't want to engage and go tit for tat with you two because knowing the way you are, it would never end. I just find it humorous that 777 has such a high opinion of himself that he thinks nobody could have a poor opinion of him, other than the outfitter he stole from. I'm just a normal, good guy that loves to hunt. Have a nice day boys.

Sounds like you have a man crush

• Like 2

Cabelas is one of the only place now that asks if I am a veteran before I check out. I dont like asking for a veteran discount so for them to come out and offer I give them 1000% respect for offering anything. Thx cabelas

Semoer Fi

• Like 3