IAMMAC

Camp Navajo

All,

Sanitized previously for all personal emails/hunters in the “To” line.  Additionally edited after AntlerPiss’s post for the one AZ Guard name who I don’t consider to be a public facing official (based on rank/billet) and the one “mobile” number that might not have been a work phone.  Having one of my own, I’d personally consider their .Mil emails to be public info along with their work phones.  Understand also that this was an email they sent to a long list of civilian addresses themselves to begin with and was not closely held insider info to begin with.  

I hope it helps someone.

R/

Hank

On 8/25/2022 at 1:09 PM, HJH said:

For all CN hunters, see below email from the CN staff regarding LAST CHANCE TO COMPLETE THE CN HUNTER CLASS:

Hunters and Helpers,

AZTC Command Team has decided to conduct one last Hunter Safety Course on 01 SEP 2022 from 1600hrs to 1700hrs via Teams (Virtual-Link provided below). This will be the last opportunity for you to meet/fulfill the requirement to hunt on Camp Navajo. We previously provided 17 opportunities for you to attend this course so please take this opportunity to complete this requirement. If you do not attend and fail to complete this course, you will have NOT met the requirements (as outlined in the Arizona Training Center Range Standard Operating Procedures) to be allowed to hunt on Camp Navajo. AZTC will not accept any Exceptions to Policies for this requirement. Please use the link below and ensure you can access prior to the class start date/time.

We want you all to have a safe and successful hunt on CN and if you are fortunate enough to fill a tag come by Building 1 and show it off.  

Course will be recorded for accuracy of attendance.

Link for Course:

https://dod.teams.microsoft.us/l/meetup-join/19%3adod%3a51a401b335274aa98f27d84d3cad041f%40thread.tacv2/1661386404716?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22fae6d70f-954b-4811-92b6-0530d6f84c43%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22fb4ffc9b-d566-40d2-8d35-d89debf99db8%22%7d

Any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me.

Thanks,

CSM Jayson D. Matlock

AZTC Garrison CSM

Camp Navajo

Papago Military Reservation

Florence Military Reservation

Dept. of Emergency and Military Affairs

Phoenix                

Camp Navajo       928-773-3147

From: NG AZ AZARNG Mailbox MWR <ng.az.azarng.mbx.mwr@army.mil
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 5:18 PM
Cc: Matlock, Jayson D CSM USARMY NG AZARNG (USA) ) <daniel.a.schmidt.mil@army.mil>; Haro, Joseph A COL USARMY NG AZARNG (USA) <joseph.a.haro.mil@army.mil>
Subject: Camp Navajo Hunting Update 2022

Good Afternoon Tag Holder,

Camp Navajo is pushing out an update regarding 2022 hunting season. Be prepared to receive an email from the Garrison Command Sergeant Major for Arizona Training Center Camp Navajo with the update pertaining to tag holders’ of 2022 hunts.

Very Respectfully

SGT Rozum, Katherine

CN MWR Coordinator

CN DEERS/RAPIDS NCO

1 Hughes Ave

Bellemont, AZ 86015

O: 928-773-3124

C(W): 602-525-5692

I wish I knew they were going to do a virtual class, I drove almost 300 miles to attend the course, I just hope I can get in to a field day class so I can meet that requirement and be able to hunt…or I hope they waive that since it is not in anyones hands or do a virtual as well LOL..

Keep us posted!!! Want see what’s is out there…good news I was able to squeeze into a field day class yesterday in Tucson so I sending my package this week!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, elkaholic said:

Ask for info. , then. Crickets.

Yeah, no one saying anything and some had their hunt already…

It’s what a forum does right here to help.

Anyone who gives up information to these guys is an idiot.

pm if anything but even then.

Hey All,

I just came back for the first part of my hunt at CN, I was there for the first 3 days of the hunt it was cool to be there, but didn't see any ELK at all, there were other hunters there too, but didn't see anything either.

It was during a full moon so that might have had something to do with the fact we didn't see anything, we drove all over CN and walked a lot too, didn't see anything, we saw lots of mule deer.

We hit the ponds early in the morning, midday and at the end of the day no luck, I focused on areas #1 and #2 because it was very muddy, so I didn't make my way all the way south of the unit like I had planned.

Going back from the 28th, 29th and 30th, anyone had any luck so far this year at CN??? the guards said that they have not seen anyone pull anything from there in the last 2 or 3 weeks, they said it might be too cold for the ELK???

I don't know where the elk went, spotted lots of mule deer bedding down I'm sure I would have seen the ELK bedded down if they were there.

Any tips/recommendations are welcomed.

7 hours ago, NAV said:

they said it might be too cold for the ELK???

Its not too cold for the elk. I don't know CN but in unit 8 the elk herds are starting to break up a bit from what I was seeing mid October. With all the moisture I wouldn't focus on water too much. Good Luck!

• Like 1