Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Draw Question

You think You are a Pro! LOL............BOB!

True true, I see what youre saying now. Titanium700 brought up a good point. I could see someone trying to piggyback off the 24 points. Is there a way to tell if someone like that went in on a group application??

That column is Group Points, meaning thats the average number of points for the group applying. This was a lone applicant.

• Like 1

I don't think I claimed to be a pro? I ask to understand. Plus we have some guys on here that are really knowledgeable so why not ask

I don't think I claimed to be a pro? I ask to understand. Plus we have some guys on here that are really knowledgeable so why not ask

I think Bob was talking to BC777.

no worries he was talking to me. I guess the only explanation that makes sense is flatlanders idea of a rejected card. I do find it strange they still include you on the report if you get rejected though.
  • Like 1

Not sure what happened. I think we would need to see the 24 point holder's 2nd choice, might have drawn that?

One of the 23 point guys drew in the 1-2 pass round

https://s3.amazonaws.com/azgfd-portal-wordpress/azgfd.wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/16142447/2018-Pronghorn-and-Elk-Bonus-Point-Report-1-2-Pass-by-Hunt-Number.pdf

well that shows the two guys with 23 didnt apply together. So if the guy with 24 didnt draw how the heck did they guy with 23 not draw after that? I've never heard for certain but I was under the impression that if you apply for a hunt and you're in the bonus pass for both you get your first choice. Wouldn't make sense to give someone their second choice because after all it's their second choice not their first. No way two guys with top points didnt have their credit cards ready to be charged.

Not sure what happened. I think we would need to see the 24 point holder's 2nd choice, might have drawn that?

One of the 23 point guys drew in the 1-2 pass round

https://s3.amazonaws.com/azgfd-portal-wordpress/azgfd.wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/16142447/2018-Pronghorn-and-Elk-Bonus-Point-Report-1-2-Pass-by-Hunt-Number.pdf

well that shows the two guys with 23 didnt apply together. So if the guy with 24 didnt draw how the heck did they guy with 23 not draw after that? I've never heard for certain but I was under the impression that if you apply for a hunt and you're in the bonus pass for both you get your first choice. Wouldn't make sense to give someone their second choice because after all it's their second choice not their first. No way two guys with top points didnt have their credit cards ready to be charged.

Yeah. I agree. I am guessing that they are non-residents who plan to go guided. I think 7 out of 10 people with 23 points last year were non-residents. And after waiting for 20+ years, the dry winter along with their selected guide, swayed them not to take the tag. Probably figured after this long might as well wait another year or two for optimal conditions, if there is such a thing. Either by cancelling their credit card, pointguard, or another method to avoid drawing.

Maybe someone can help with something related. My grandsons had 4 bp's and drew their 2nd choice youth elk tags- 4a. 5bs/6a was first choice, which has 500 tags. Their tag #'s are 34 and 35. How could they draw such low tag #'s and not get their first choice? They would have to have issued all 500 tags for their 1sr choice for that to happen and the odds for the 2 hunts are pretty similar. I'm not complaining because they still have good tags- just trying to figure how this scenario is possible.

Maybe someone can help with something related. My grandsons had 4 bp's and drew their 2nd choice youth elk tags- 4a. 5bs/6a was first choice, which has 500 tags. Their tag #'s are 34 and 35. How could they draw such low tag #'s and not get their first choice? They would have to have issued all 500 tags for their 1sr choice for that to happen and the odds for the 2 hunts are pretty similar. I'm not complaining because they still have good tags- just trying to figure how this scenario is possible.

4 points put them in the bonus pass for 4a.(36 tags in the bonus pass) so they automatically drew it. The first choice of 5bs/6a a lot of people with 4 drew in the bonus pass but not everyone with 4 drew (about half drew with 4 and half didn't). So basically anytime either of your 1st or 2nd choices make the bonus pass you draw it automatically.

And BC777- where do you get such detailed information?

Look up bonus point process on game and fish website. All the reports are on there. Hard to understand them but just have regs to match up that specific years hunt numbers and you can see all the numbers for each hunt.

Got it- I didn't realize elk/antelope 2018 was posted yet. Thanks. Easy to see how it happened. Even 4a with double the # of tags from the previous year , 4 points wasn't a slam dunk.