Sign in to follow this  
SilentButDeadly

Big shed

I glassed up a monster shed this afternoon. It was about 1/4 mile from where I was set up. I almost didn't get a chance to pick it up today, landed up going after a couple bucks (maybe the one this came off of!), the little buck came by me at 20 yards (I passed on him <_<), never saw the big guy again. Anyway, I had enough time to go grab this biggun before dark set in. I didn't have any light to look for the match, but you can bet your butts I'll be back out there after bow season!

I measured it up at 51 and change. Split G2, 4 1/4 of mass at the 3rd circumference, G3 is 8 inches!

post-1107-1199848757_thumb.jpg

post-1107-1199848775_thumb.jpg

post-1107-1199848786_thumb.jpg

post-1107-1199848805_thumb.jpg

I love Coues!

Tyson

ps, again sorry about the field photos - I'm too paranoid to give you people ANY hints about my spot! Comfort yourselves with the fact that I've got lots of video and pictures to look at - after I close all my doors and windows and throw a heavy blanket over myself and the screen. ;)

pps, here is the link to the video if you REALLY want to see it 'as it lay'. http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/VkTHisd157BMotTHN-LYnA

Suh-weeet! That's a dang nice shed there Tyson, that blading is freaking cool. 51 and change? Congrats dude! Good luck on the other side.

PS i think i recognized that saguaro in the video :ph34r:

PS i think i recognized that saguaro in the video

Yep, it's "that" saguaro :ph34r: -

Sweet shed man- love the eyeguard and mass!

Great job- Hope you get the buck you've been chasing!

Why the name change on your CWT login? I like the other one ;)

AzP&Y

SWEEEET shed man. That things a pig for sure. Don't forget to post the other side when you find it.

Phil

PS i think i recognized that saguaro in the video

Yep, it's "that" saguaro :ph34r: -

Sweet shed man- love the eyeguard and mass!

Great job- Hope you get the buck you've been chasing!

Why the name change on your CWT login? I like the other one ;)

AzP&Y

I decided to go with the name change because the USFS bulldozed the old Laquachi Archery Range into the caliche, never to be rebuilt again - and they put a lock on the gate. Oh well.

Besides, I figure I've got to make a little fun of myself - can't take yourself too seriously :P

A 51 inch 3 point is an awesome buck!

OH YOU DOG!!!!

OH YOU DOG!!!!

OH YOU DOG!!!!

Ha! I have an inkling that this is the 'other' side of the drop-tine buck I saw last January... It would make sense, I've scoured the Earth looking for that guys sheds and found bupkis until now!!!!

Lets see them together!!

Lets see them together!!

Patience O' Great One, I'm not going to take any time to look for the other side until after January, besides what else do I have to do between February and May when this year's sheds start dropping? Oh yeah, go looking for Elk brownies in April!