mattys281

My first deer

That is one big deer. Thanks for sharing your story. GREAT!

TJ

Matty,

Not to pile on too much, but that is a great accomplishment and an example of solid perseverance in persuit of the goal and that is what is takes, sweat and time. Good to use lots of gear that you pack around. Funny 'ex' comment too, lol. Thanks for helping Doug w/the bow and keep up the good work!

Mike

Excellent writeup and great buck!! Congratulations on getting it done. Man, I could see that light fading and feel that tension...great job making something happen.

Amanda

Funny 'ex' comment too, lol. Thanks for helping Doug w/the bow and keep up the good work!

Mike

That comment may not be exactly accurate. If that doe had really learned that manuever from my 'ex', she would've step on his nuts, grabbed his wallet, & then got the heck outta there. But I digress.... ;)

Funny 'ex' comment too, lol. Thanks for helping Doug w/the bow and keep up the good work!

Mike

That comment may not be exactly accurate. If that doe had really learned that manuever from my 'ex', she would've step on his nuts, grabbed his wallet, & then got the heck outta there. But I digress.... ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Got my antlers back today from the taxedermist. He scored 'em at 144 3/8 net, just shy of the 145 minimum. :(

Considering that I was hunting under the "if it's brown, it's down" policy, I can't complain.

Maybe I'll fare better on the blacktail hunt.

Got my antlers back today from the taxedermist. He scored 'em at 144 3/8 net, just shy of the 145 minimum. :(

Considering that I was hunting under the "if it's brown, it's down" policy, I can't complain.

Maybe I'll fare better on the blacktail hunt.

you can enter that great buck in bowhunting in az. the min is 135" there is a link off this site on the main page.