Knolan

Lightweight Riflescope

So I just bought a Tikka T3x Lite and now looking for a nice scope, around $500 is what I want to spend. I can get a deal for a Leupold VX-3I 4.5-14x40 with a side focus and Leupold's CDS turret for $500 dollars. Any thoughts on this scope or any others? (My Tikka is chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor and I don't plan on shooting past 500 yards on an animal.)

Any reason not to go 30mm tube and 50mm obj lens? I see those listed quite often on forums well within your price range. I like the wind-plex reticle reticle that they offer as well- dial elevation and hold windage if you need to. If you think you want more magnification- keep your eyes peeled- lots of VX3 (not 'i') model 6.5-20x selling now for relatively cheap as well.

If you can get the Leupold you described then that would be a very nice set up for your rifle. I have a very light 270 WIN with the small Swarovski 3-9 Z3 and out to 300/350 its been enough. Going out to 500 I rather have what you are looking at in the Leupold. Good luck, good hunting.

I was at Sportsmans yesterday and looked through one that had the Wind plex reticle. It was hard to see it indoors but the scope was clear. It had elevation marks on the turret but none on the windage turret. Eye relief was unchanged until 11X then it dropped off.

Dialing, RTZ, correct adjustments and Leupold do not mix together at all....

If my scope doesn't do some/any of these to my liking. What would you recommend?

Nightforce SHV or SWFA are my two current favorites...

The Bushnell LRHS is another one for under a grand with a proven track record that does all three...

All the rest are over a grand....

Nightforce SHV or SWFA are my two current favorites...

The Bushnell LRHS is another one for under a grand with a proven track record that does all three...

All the rest are over a grand....

Do you have any experience with the Nightforce SHV line?

Dialing, RTZ, correct adjustments and Leupold do not mix together at all....

Ive had great success with all of these adjustments with my Leupolds. I dont have any reason to try anything else. VX3s and VX6s.

Have you owned a VX6HD?

• Like 1

I have....

First two and last two dialed about .32 MOA per click and had a RTZ about an inch off on both side of zero...