THREEDFLYER

19A - Drew the bull tag this time around.........November 30th opener

2nd year living in AZ and drew my 2nd tag for 19A.......cow last year, bull this time around.

I realize 19A is not a prime elk unit, but it's in my back yard......actually it is my back yard.

The only shot I had last year was a bull last year and of course that's because I had the cow tag.

The herd is small and I spent most of my time on or close to the Mingus range. Saw a group of 12 elk together and a few single animals last year.

Not an easy hunt but still nice to get out in the woods.

The monsoon is starting off great this season, I just hope it produces more than last year did......we desperately need the water after nearly a 10 month dry spell this past fall/winter/spring.

Cheers,

• Like 2

Good luck there are some good bulls in the unit we took a 330 bull out of there last year on the last day

• Like 2

Last time I hunted 19a with a cow tag was about 15 years ago, but we ran into a decent bull south of Cherry behind the campground.

• Like 1

There are more elk in there than when i hunted it. The bull in my avatar is from there. Im not 100% positive, but pretty sure hes the biggest bull to come out of that unit. The genetics are there. It can be an absolute grind but stick with it

• Like 2

Last time I hunted 19a with a cow tag was about 15 years ago, but we ran into a decent bull south of Cherry behind the campground.

The bull that I saw within rifle range was not far from Cherry and would have been a fairly easy shot. He was going between two springs that were about 2 miles apart.

There are more elk in there than when i hunted it. The bull in my avatar is from there. Im not 100% positive, but pretty sure hes the biggest bull to come out of that unit. The genetics are there. It can be an absolute grind but stick with it

That is an incredible bull, espcially from 19A, nice work!

The bulls are definitely there, when it gets closer to the hunt shoot me a text, 928-202-0804. Daniel

Daniel, thanks, I will be in touch as the hunt draws closer.

My co-worker and his buddy drew two tags in 2016 and they both shot bulls that were less than 50 yards apart just north of the Perkinsville road. They were younger animals, and it was on the last day of the hunt.

I'll be hunting the OTC archery elk tag in Idaho late Sept which is an ANY ELK tag.....then I'll get serious about 19A and do a bit more scouting than last year.

I feel like I am starting to get to know the area a bit and have a good idea of at least 3 areas that might be good choices for opening day.

Wives got the October cow tag, I live in the Unit so it makes scouting easier.

Greyghost 85 I do think you bull is either the largest or second largest out of the unit. He was a crazy bull to see on the hoof.

• Like 1

I realize this is an older thread. I have the 19a Cow Tag for the hunt starting tomorrow and I have never even been in the unit. The tag was donated to me through a non-profit organization for Disabled Veterans. Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

U fellers score any 19a elk?  No one ever does a follow up even when great info is provided. Ur reports are the only way some of us will ever be able to experience elk hunting in az.  

• Like 1