GRONG

You're not gonna believe this........

Today I'm up at the M Diamond ranch here in Camp Verde pumping their septic tank for them. Get to BSing with the guys that work there as I'm pumping the sludge and this super nice guy named Anthony keeps talking whitetail and elk and we hit it off right away. We'd hunted and been in a lot of the same country before so it was nice talking with him. I mention to them that I had a treestand and a trail camera stolen up in 21 this past couple of months and they all expressed thier opinions of the SOB that stole my stuff. About a half hour later it comes up again about my stuff and Anthony says, "I think I know who has your stand and camera". What?!?!?! I about spit up half a lung when he said that, or maybe that was from the septic fumes, either way I was competely BLOWN away!!! I said well I got a picture of a guy at my salt lick and I think it's him that took them. He says, well regardless of that, I know who's got your stuff. He said a kid he knows from high school that lives in Cottonwood told him about stealing a stand and camera the last day of the same hunt I was on. I WAS BUSY SKINNING MY BUCK WHEN THE GUY WAS TAKING MY STAND!!!!!!! How crazy is that?!?!?! Anyway he was nice enough to call the kid today and told him that he was coming to get the stand and camera from him as he knew who they belonged to. He said the kid told him that he felt apologetic about the whole thing and that he was sorry. Anthony just left my house cause he hand delivered the stuff to me!!!

Strange coincidental thing here is that had I not been up to check on my stuff on Saturday this never would've even entered the conversation today when I happen to be at his work pumping the septic tank!!!! That's why I mentioned Redbeard in the sub-title of this topic because he often referred to me as the luckiest SOB he'd ever known and that this kind of crap only happens to me. Well I guess you gotta mark another notch in the list there Chris cause it happened again........ :blink:

That is pretty freakin lucky. I have given up hoping that someone would know whoever stole my quad and trailer right out of my driveway while I was gone. At least that kid gave it back, and still had it.

Josh, allthough I am sure you are happy to have gotten it back, i sense that you would much rather have taken it back?! I know i would!

Glad everything turned out well, I hope the kid learned a lesson!

Did you do any investigating to see if he was the one that put the salt out just down the way from yours? Did he

bleach yours? Maybe he is to scared to go back there now and you can still use your lil honey hole some more.

BTW.... did you show the pic to Anthony to see if it was him?

Glad you ran across a nice guy, Anthony, that worked to return your property. Kudos to him.

Gotta wonder about the punk thief though. How remorseful/apologetic is he? Is this the first and last time he has stolen? Does he feel apologetic only because he stole from an acquaintance of an acquaintance, or beacuse he got caught. Stupid with loose lips that sunk his ship, but as someone said, thieves are stupid.

RR

We need to start cracking down on these thieves, Such as longer prison time, heck loss of a finger every time they do it. I can asure u that once the word gets around all this crap will stop :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

more than wanting my stuff back, I would have wanted the guy's name and address.. After I paid him a visit, I think his thieving days woulda been over.

Or could it have been Anthony who took it and felt remorseful? :ph34r:

Or could it have been Anthony who took it and felt remorseful? :ph34r:

I had a feeling this was gonna come up. No I honestly don't believe that it was Anthony who took it.

Yes it is Anthony Randall. Something similar but worse happened to him a couple years ago. He had his saddle, bits, chaps, etc stolen out of a lock box at a ranch house. Stole like three grand worth of equipment from him and a friend of his.

The good thing is you got your stuff back. 99 out of 100 times you'd never see your stuff again. Thats some amazing luck!

I went to HS with Anthony and have known him to be nothing but a great guy. If you happen to see him again, tell him Jake Hughes said Hello.

I'm glad you got your stuff back. Like Mikep35 said 99 percent of the time you never get your stuff back.

Years ago my parents house was brocken into and all our guns were stolen. I think it was over two years later my brothers rife shows up at a pawn shop. The cops asked that we BUY it back at a discount price just so the pawn shop owner doesn't lose out. A load of crap if you ask me.

Mike