Sign in to follow this  
SilentButDeadly

Ethics of Finding a Trail Camera

Wow, look at that a nice digital trail camera hung on that tree,  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do?

• Good thing I've got my bolt cutters with me, I'm taking that sucker home
    • I'm gonna look at the pictures, then erase them! Don't want that guy knowing about the bucks around here...
    • I'll take a peak at the photos, but leave them for the owner to see too!
    • I'm gonna jump in front of the camera with my pants down!
    • Better leave it be, wouldn't want anyone messing with my trail camera
    • If I take it I'll have bad luck forever... Maybe I'll tell my buddy about it, he has no problem stealing stuff!

So right and wrong aside, (because what's legal and what's right are not always the same), does anyone know if the removing of an object (treestand or camera) from public land is legally considered theft? Don't get me wrong, I certainly think that it's stealing, but a few of you tough talkin dudes may find yourself in a lot more legal trouble with an assault charge than the guy who is stealing the camera.

Mark

If you take something that isn't yours its stealing. You didn't "find" it. If I catch someone stealing something of mine, then when the cops show up its my word against his on what happened. I caught him stealing and then he tried to attack me. I had to knock him out! :lol:

Mark

If you take something that isn't yours its stealing. You didn't "find" it. If I catch someone stealing something of mine, then when the cops show up its my word against his on what happened. I caught him stealing and then he tried to attack me. I had to knock him out! :lol:

Word.

We can argue about alot of different things that deal with hunting, but we shouldn't be arguing about wheter or not we should steal from each other. KGAINES

I'm not much into stands or cameras, but I'm sure not going to touch someone else's property. I do have a problem with people thinking the "spot" is theirs because they have done so much "work" to the area, but unless I have put a lot of time into an area myself, I would probably go elsewhere. I want to be as far away from everyone else as possible, I enjoy the hunt a whole lot more that way. So leave people's things alone, hunt hard, enjoy this short life as much as you can, and if someone else beats you to "your spot", no matter how much time you put into it, give him the space that you yourself would want.

Rich

what if they're just borrowin' it for a really long time? a friend of mine borrowed a shotgun from me and then moved to vermont. did he steal it? i told him he did but after he got me in a headlock and give me a dutchrub for awhile i agreed he was just borrowin' it. Lark.

what if they're just borrowin' it for a really long time? a friend of mine borrowed a shotgun from me and then moved to vermont. did he steal it? i told him he did but after he got me in a headlock and give me a dutchrub for awhile i agreed he was just borrowin' it. Lark.

Lark; you're Southern :lol: :lol: