Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Where does the responsibility lie?

Watched this news report and it kinda made me puke............

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/360592963-video

This topic is going to explode politically in the hunting/outdoors world and as long as we are going to blame the road for these tragic deaths, our outdoor experience is in for a huge change!!!

People really need to take a look in the mirror and decide if they are going to use the outdoors responsibly or in a wreckless manner and take that charge upon their own shoulders!!! 

Really where does responsibility lie, with the dead driver who killed everyone one else, I'm sick of stupid people trying to blame there stupid actions on someone else, the only one I feel sorry for is the kid who died, the adults well I guess life sucks. Them dumass people have been driving like idiots for years up there and everywhere. Don't blame me or anyone else for your stupidity.. Clean up the gean pool, they can all fly of the rim.. I want to no if the family will get fined for the fire that was started.. That would be awesome.. Anyway only my opinion.. Outlaw the dam things

• Like 2

Personal responsibility is long gone.  Everyone knows that.  There's no hope.  every once in a while there will be a good judge that believes in responsibility but that's rare.  All you can do is get out and enjoy it while you can and don't let it bother you.  

• Like 1

I was up in 8 two weeks ago and  encountered the  same mentality . A couple idiots in their RZRs passing everyone whether safe or not, then creating so much dust no one could see. I dont share the "outlaw the dang things"  view, but some "law enforcement" that was supposed to come from our OHV  sticker fees  to GF would be nice.  Idiots will drive like idiots whether on the paved road or dirt roads, UTV or automobile.  Slap some fines on them and see if they slow it down.

As Forest Gump's Momma said," Ain't no fixin Stupid".

• Like 7

IMHO--- I feel for the victims in that terrible accident , may they rest in peace . No one will know what happened as nobody witnessed the accident .

The responsibility lies in the operator of any motorized vehicle on public roads whether they are paved or unpaved . Vehicle fatalities happen daily  .  Some fatalities can be prevented which is probably the case here .  Unfortunately nobody around to see what happened . Paving the road is not the answer . Motor down the paved section towards Young -- speeds have increased due to being paved  . Again may they rest in peace .   

• Like 2

I was in 22 scouting (again) for turkey and was on Fire Control Road NF  and  tow young girls about 16 came down it riding double on a quad, no helmets. Granted they were maybe doing 20mph and keeping the dust down and were probably locals. Then a few hours later I was looking for the road from Tonto Village up to Turkey Ridge (unsuccessfully) and came across a young kid, about 8, driving a Razor by himself. He was real courteous and pulled over both times to let me pass. The kids seemed to be ok and I hoped they have a safe travel. Yesterday morning  a little after 5AM I had to pull over on the Beeline just north of the Saguaro Lake turnoff to miss a Wrong Way driver. Who know where he/she got on at. Hopefully not at Payson and there were quite a few people dodging them in front and behind me.

I did at least do better scouting than on Saturday up off Hardscrabble with my son as that was a big goose egg, although we did see a WT Spike and a MD doe and heard some bulls. Yesterday I went solo and found one track about 5 days old and some old tracks, maybe a month or more, near Ellison Creek and Pyeatt.