Edge

Hey hunters, $20K reward *update*

NTSB takes over if it's found. 

I understand that there may be an additional $100 for the recovery of both cockpit seats. Reports are that was the last place they saw their sphincters. 😁

All kidding aside. There’s a real success story of two guys bailing out of a vintage aircraft with its engine on fire over mountainous terrain and surviving to tell about it.

23 minutes ago, Phil Carr said:

I understand that there may be an additional $100 for the recovery of both cockpit seats. Reports are that was the last place they saw their sphincters. 😁

All kidding aside. There’s a real success story of two guys bailing out of a vintage aircraft with its engine on fire over mountainous terrain and surviving to tell about it.

Not to mention, pilots third time jumping out of a doomed plane. 

27 minutes ago, AzPlumber said:

Any current news on this?

I haven't seen anything online. I just sent the pilot an email, we'll see what he has to say...

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 11:02 AM, AzPlumber said:

Any current news on this?

I heard back from the plane's owner last night. He said there's nothing new to report.

I also visited the White Mountain Apache website and nothing new there. 

From a newspaper interview last summer, tribal elders said suspected crash site areas were closed to searching. Turns out they were already closed due to fire hazards. So now it's spring and fire risk is low. How long will the tribe refuse to sell backcountry permits because there may be a plane wreckage?

• Like 1