Sign in to follow this  
forepaw

ND in Montana - Very Sobering

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID11/22588.html

https://www.facebook.com/jay.maisano.5/videos/pcb.1111992622295523/1111986868962765/?type=3&theater

This may be the least cheerful thing you watch over the holidays, but maybe it will serve as a valuable heads up.  Sad to see a grown man or anyone else in this much distress, but hopefully by routing to the various forums and BBs it will make us all re-think our gun handling and safety fundamentals.  Years ago a friend's dad (after he corrected my muzzle direction) told me " . . .  you can't be too careful . . ."    That mild reprimand has stayed with me ever since.  

forepaw

Sad lesson for all of us. Back in the 70's and 80's, my dad was the safety officer for AZGFD and would travel all over the state setting up the hunter safety classes. He would always instill the importance of safe gun handling, almost to a fault. I am very thankful for his persistence to this day. 

• Like 3

Two years ago, we had an accidental discharge that was a close call on an elk hunt.  I am always extremely safe with firearms,  but one second of distraction can end up tragically.  Luckily, the discharge did not happen 30nsecond earlier, or I would not be here.

Also had a negligent discharge when I was a teen that almost cost me my life.  And did cost the cousin of one of my best friends an butt kicking.

• Like 1

That had to be an incredibly hard video for him to make. Watching someone who's been through that tell their story really drives the point home much more than having someone read a list of firearm safety tips.

• Like 2

A guy I work with had an ad this year elk hunting

Hiking back in the dark thru heavy brush with his rifle in a Kifaru gun bearer in the forward postion. The brush moved the saftey and pulled the trigger. 

Why the gun had one in the chamber is beyond me. 

I never keep one chambered. I only hunt now with my wife and kids, and I forbid them from having a round chambered. $h!t happens. My wife and oldest missed some opportunities on some bulls because nothing was chambered, but I can assure you I will never have to tell a story like that. Missing an opportunity to harvest an animal isn't worth my life. 

• Like 4