Sign in to follow this  
wildwoody

Coues whitetail cape

3 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Ya me to, hopefully you not saying that because you no something. The rancher has my tag, have paper work, I got Mexican car insurance for tomorrow, I cross in my truck meet him , complete paper work, make sure he's clean, then back thru. I'm hopeing all goes well. A little anxiety, ok alot.

I have heard whispers of alternative ways of getting thing across the border. This might just be rumors but i did hear it is possible. ;)

Good luck and great buck. 👍

I'm good the rancher will meet me , I've just never crossed in my own vehicle, got Mexican insurance on the truck for $27000.00 , got my gun permits which I've already brought back and the rancher has my tag with the buck. And I only do everything on the up and up. I even like paying taxes, I know strange. Everything will be fine and ill have better pics and a the story , they say this picture doesn't do him justice. We'll see. I noticed his bases have a much wider space between them then any of my az bucks.

Sometimes I worry to much. Thanks for all the kind words.     

Oh ya I found a cape off a 100" buck thanks for everyone who contacted me. Lots of great people on here

• Like 3

Wild woody I would never try to take a gun back...you dont need it to get your buck back...all you need is the Contract/UMA form Notice of Arrival and Fish and wildlife form filled out properly, and your tag matching said UMA form.  I wouldn't even get Mexican INS, truck permit or Visa or anything. You legally do not need any of that stuff, unless you are going a long ways down into Mx. Pm me if you want

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

muy loco gringo 

If I was going down to get my skull depending on the port I would park my truck in Walmart use the pedestrian walkway pick up the antlers and paperwork and cross back over in 30 minutes. Maybe WW has to go all the way back to the ranch in that case "maybe" I would but If he was being met at the border I wouldn't worry about it.  

I’d be scared af to drive anywhere in Mexico without insurance. I heard if you get in an accident they don’t let you leave the country till it’s straightened out 

• Like 1

No , I'm not taking my gun back just have the paper work, would never chance looseing my wifes Tacoma without Mexican ins was only $36 dollars, I don't want to drive across but the rancher said it would be better to bring it back in an American car. I wish I could just walk across and walk back, I will try. It will be at Nogales 

7 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I’d be scared af to drive anywhere in Mexico without insurance. I heard if you get in an accident they don’t let you leave the country till it’s straightened out 

Well you are on the safe side for sure and I shouldn't have even said that but I talk with INS agents all the time about this and for me what he is doing I wouldn't worry about it, but you are right.  Better to be safe than sorry for sure. 

I really appreciate your input, I respect your opinion, it's gonna be along sleepless night, a little nerves, I usually try to steer clear of possible problems, but this deer is worth it. You wanna come with. Lol really thankyou for your input

Trphyhntr I didn't think you were scared of anything, now we know your week ness

9 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

No , I'm not taking my gun back just have the paper work, would never chance looseing my wifes Tacoma without Mexican ins was only $36 dollars, I don't want to drive across but the rancher said it would be better to bring it back in an American car. I wish I could just walk across and walk back, I will try. It will be at Nogales 

Let me tell you a quick story...3 days ago one of the guys in my group didnt pick his cape clean enough so we were told we could go back across pick again and bring it back...we walked across,picked ticks some more and walked back to the US side. Absolutely no problems. I would drive up to the US side talk to the agents specifically the fish and wildlife tell them what is going on, cross to MX side get your buck as long as the paperwork is all good back in 30 minutes. They may even tell you a place to park. In 100% disclosure I have never crossed for deer hunting at Nogales..we cross in Douglas

• Like 2

I'll try, they were very nice when we came thru besides some guys capes were frozen solid so they thru them away, I don't understand why I can't drive across with the rancher, he's gonna follow me anyway.   

Thanks I'll post more pics tomorrow night, thanks again for your input im feeling much better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

I'll try, they were very nice when we came thru besides some guys capes were frozen solid so they thru them away, I don't understand why I can't drive across with the rancher, he's gonna follow me anyway.   

So freeze a cape and kill ticks but automatically gets your cape thrown away? Dang. 

I went to Canada last year archery only for bear NO GUNS AT ALL crossed border with friend from Wisconsin and they pulled us from truck and broke us down. L.O.L. my friend has gone 18 years straight and never been searched but he shows up with x military with concealed carry permit and we gotta repack our truck after a hour long sit with some really unsocial Canadian border patrol folks. I kept trying to be nice and friendly even a joke or 2 and they just stared at me.. My buddy was freakin out like a kid with a pipe under his car seat. 😂😂😂😂😂😂 

Good luck with the buck hopefully all goes very smooth.  

• Like 1