BowhunterAZ

Half ton to diesel and Ford vs Chevy

If the manufacturers would get rid of 90% of the crap in these trucks, they’d last forever.  I bet there’d be a huge market for a “back to basic” trim. Just the bare minimums. 

1 hour ago, Kaffer62 said:

I have an f250 with the 6.7.  I have been amazed where that truck has taken me.  I would avoid dodge unless you like rebuilding transmissions.  Everyone I know with a dodge has already gone through the original. 

Old Dodges yes. The new Aisin trans is supposed to be a beast.

That is why both my older dodges have been sticks. That and I like to be in control. I know better then machines...

Just my two cents on this heavily debated topic. I have had a 2015 dodge 1500 eco diesel, 2016 F250 with 6.7l and currently a 2019 Ford f250 with the 6.2 gas. 75 percent of my driving is on the highway with the other being on rough dirt roads with a welder and tools in bed. I average 10k a month. I hated the dodge besides the mileage and interior, I got around 20 mpg but that truck had no balls and being worried about engine issues I traded it in for an 6.7 at 75K. I didn’t have any issues with the powertrain at that time.  The 6.7 had much better power but I average 13 mpg with the welder. I put a leveling kit and 35” tires on it and it wreck my front end. Had to keep replacing brakes and it wore out my front end. I replaced the shocks several times and ball joints twice. I deleted the truck after my warranty ran out at 100K.  It ran like a striped ape after that. I traded it in at 175k with an oil leak, transfer case leaking and a shot front end. I currently have the 6.2 gas and have no problems with it but I only have 30K on it. I average 11.5 with the gasser. I plan on keeping this one stock. I don’t tow anything more than any ½ ton could do but the 6.2 sucks down the gas with an 8k trailer.