Sign in to follow this  
yeti-az

Field photos of My 2008 Mexico buck

Here are some field photos of the buck I kill in Mexico Jan. 2008. It was an awesome hunt. Good weather, fantastic food and company. We hunted hard and saw some rut activity by smaller bucks but the big bucks were not rutting. I glassed this buck on the first evening diwn there. He was a mile away and I got brief video of him through a spotting scope. After watching the video that night we knew he was a great buck. I hunted this buck for the next three days and on the evening of the 4th day he came out right before dark. I left my pack and took my rangefinder, rifle, and my 10's. I ran to the next ridge and found him right where I'd seen him last. Ranged him real quick at 250 yards and put the smack down on him. When I walked up to him he was even heavier than I had imagined. Almost every point, including his eyeguards are bladed. He just has awesome character. I am thrilled to killed such a great buck.

post-737-1204132494_thumb.jpg

post-737-1204132521_thumb.jpg

post-737-1204132541_thumb.jpg

Congratulation on a really fine buck. Thanks for sharing.

TJ

That is an absolute HOG OF A BUCK!!! The mass on him is incredible and those eyeguards are just awesome looking! Congrats on a buck of a lifetime!

Nate, That thing is incredible! I hadn't seen field photos yet.

This buck is even MORE impressive in person, a mile of MASS!

Congrats on sticking with and ground checking that thing!

Later,

Matt

Holy crap! That is a cool looking buck! What a toad! I know the score doesn't matter but what is it? :blink:

Lance