DJQuick

JAVELINA 37B ?

Where are they ? Hunted for 5 days with my Pops and Son. Seen plenty of deer go figure and even a Bobcat but no piggies. 

Yep camped on 96 hunted there and freeman and barkerville. Seen only one small heard of 3 in the flats but couple years back during my deer hunt I couldn’t stop running into them go figure

This is the first year I didn't see any.  I've been going there for 12 years, always see plenty, not this year.  The Freeman was about the only place I didn't go, at least not from the Barkerville to the 79.  Less quail out there too.

I second you on the quail comment Saguaro seen only 2 of those in months. Where is this picket post trphy?

17 minutes ago, DJQuick said:

I second you on the quail comment Saguaro seen only 2 of those in months. Where is this picket post trphy?

that big mountain before superior off the 60. 

Oh ok no not yet. On the right correct after Florence Junction. I was going to take a cruise down Florence Kelvin and hit them hills in the AM. I might go out to Picket Post instead

21 minutes ago, DJQuick said:

Oh ok no not yet. On the right correct after Florence Junction. I was going to take a cruise down Florence Kelvin and hit them hills in the AM. I might go out to Picket Post instead

I seen a herd right off the hwy. about a mile west of picket post

Sounds like picket post it is how are the roads I have 4wd just wondering and do I enter off the 60?

I have hunted at 37B for many years. I have always seen javalinas up elgen wash to get to it you have cross dudleyville turn right like your going back towards hayden go approx. quarter to half a mile I think its the second wash under the old railroad tracks and follow it up you will come to waterfall that you to walk up over with your vehicle you can see where everybody does it and follow it will climbs out to the top of the hill you look southwest you will see antelope peak if you look north you will see hayden if look east you will see san manuel and mammoth area from the river to the of the top hill on both sides of wash I have seen pigs all the time or you can follow the river road to the campground wash go up it to the water running theres a big canyon on the west side theres roads up there that you can take and you will see a lot pigs. I have done a lot of coyote calling in the area and got some pigs there before. Good Luck!    P.S . camp grant is the old name but its across the aravapia canyon and if you get on google earth you can find it.

Wow Thank You so much. I haven’t been that far over in years dated a girl from Kearny back in the day her uncles would run around all that area. We would fish the Gila near the black bridge as well. Man Good times 

Thanks Again

Well I found some this morning. Near the red and white towers on Florence Kelvin hwy. Too far for a shot but a nice heard none the less and ran into a heard of deer nice morning out Thank You for the Help

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 5:38 PM, DJQuick said:

Yep camped on 96 hunted there and freeman and barkerville. Seen only one small heard of 3 in the flats but couple years back during my deer hunt I couldn’t stop running into them go figure

You were in the right area. We saw alot in January and stuck a few. A friend went 6 for 6 lat weekend on the rifle hunt.  They are there.