Sign in to follow this  
rcdinaz

Wyoming Guided hunt advice?

Anyone have recommendations or feedback on guides for Wyoming antelope?

Thanks!

Eli Grimmet with Pronghorn guide service does Wyoming too.

I booked Eli last year for my unit 10 hunt and got nothing but great things to say about them. 

I will check them out, thanks!

You 100% do not need a guide to hunt Antelope in Wyoming!!!!!  Plenty of public land and 1000's of goats!!!!

^^^This was also my experience in Wyoming. Not so much a matter of finding one, but deciding which one of the 1000 you will see that you want to shoot. 

Is it as easy as getting an over the countet tag?

how did you decide where to hunt?

i have no points, tired of not getting an AZ tag. 

7 hours ago, rcdinaz said:

Is it as easy as getting an over the countet tag?

how did you decide where to hunt?

i have no points, tired of not getting an AZ tag. 

It’s not that easy unfortunately.  Fairly easy, yes, but not that easy.  First of all, he’ll correct me if I’m wrong but Eli only guides in a handful of the top producing units, so I wouldn’t call him for a 0 point opportunity hunt.  He knows a lot about antelope so maybe he can point you in the right direction?  Secondly, while there are units that don’t require any points to to draw, most of them are nearly, if not entirely private, so you will likely need at least one or two points to get into a unit with a decent amount of public land to go DIY.  Other option would be to draw a tag and then pay a trespass fee or hire an outfitter.  Outfitted hunts can be done fairly cheap ($1800-2500) and trespass hunts even cheaper.  While these guys are correct that antelope are easy to find and kill, just be darn sure you have a place figured out to hunt if you are going to draw a 0 point unit.  If you wait a year or two and get a point or two then you can got to a unit where there’s endless public and endless goats.  If you want a really nice buck you’ll likely need to wait longer or find some private that is letting them grow up a bit.  I would buy a point in Montana as well if you’re looking to get into the antelope game.  There are hunts there that can be done with one or two points as well.  I spread my chips on the table that way I get to hunt them as often as possible.  I had 3 antelope tags in 2017.  2 in 2016 but none last year.  My wife and I love eating them and I love hunting them.  Look to other states as well, there are some good options elsewhere if you do a little research.  I’ve killed over 15 antelope and only 1 was in Wyoming.  

18 hours ago, longshooter said:

Eli Grimmet with Pronghorn guide service does Wyoming too.

I booked Eli last year for my unit 10 hunt and got nothing but great things to say about them. 

Did you get your mount back yet? How much bigger was it after the drying period?