Sign in to follow this  
joe hunter

Unit 1 early archery

Does anyone know how any points it took for a non res early archery tag this year ? I had 15 points and put in for unit 1    2nd choice and didn’t draw.  Just curious what it’s taking. I remember when 10 points got you the tag.

Last year (2018) it looks like it took 16 points for a non-resident to draw in the bonus pass. On a good moisture year, and with so many tags returned this past year, I wouldn't be surprised if it took 17-18 this year. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, shooterpar said:

I had a NR put in for it with 18pts and no luck.  There was some serious point creep this year.  

That surprises me. Something sounds off.  If PCPython's dad drew tag #10, he was definitely in the max point pass and he claims to have had 17 points. What choice number was unit 1, was it archery, and was he on the application by himself? 

I hear ya on the point creep. When I first started applying for AZ elk I thought ok, I’ll invest 10 years but wasn’t planning on 20.. probably ought to lower my standards and move on.  Thanks for the reply’s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbuckkiller said:

I put unit 1 early rifle as second choice as a resident with 22 points and didn't get it...

Early rifle vs archery is a very differnt beast. But with 22, you should have been right on the line. I bet you would draw most any early rifle bull hunt next year.