Red Rabbit

Recreation on State Land

you could always take a pistol along and say your rabbit hunting :rolleyes: that way they can't ding ya'

Do illegal immigrants have to pay for a permit or do they fall under that " The U.S. gov. owes it to them "?

You know the BLM only has two individuals to enforce that rule in the entire state, so unless your in a havely hit area I don't think you have to worrie about that.

If you have a hunting license you're covered, right? It just another way to pull some dough from the public to add to the budget

You know the BLM only has two individuals to enforce that rule in the entire state, so unless your in a havely hit area I don't think you have to worrie about that.

Red Rabbit is talking about Arizona Trust Land. BLM does not require any permit to access but it does contain a lot of no entry wilderness areas.

Red Rabbit is talking about Arizona Trust Land. BLM does not require any permit to access but it does contain a lot of no entry wilderness areas.

The "Arizona State Trust Land" I'm familiar with requires a permit unless you are hunting and fishing with a valid license.

You both have some inaccuracies in your statements. The State Land department can not enforce their own regulations on having permits, but all state certified law enforcement officers can. So if a deputy sheriff stops you on state land, he can cite you if you don't have a hunting license or a state permit. So can a G&F officer.

Wilderness areas are not "no entry" areas, you just can not drive a motorized or mechanical vehicle (bicycle) into them.

You both have some inaccuracies in your statements. The State Land department can not enforce their own regulations on having permits, but all state certified law enforcement officers can. So if a deputy sheriff stops you on state land, he can cite you if you don't have a hunting license or a state permit. So can a G&F officer.

Wilderness areas are not "no entry" areas, you just can not drive a motorized or mechanical vehicle (bicycle) into them.

You are correct on both accounts. I didn't clarify myself very well.

I am curious at to why the State Land department can't enforce their own regualations. Is it a manpower problem? Can you provide a little more insight?

You are correct on both accounts. I didn't clarify myself very well.

I am curious at to why the State Land department can't enforce their own regulations. Is it a manpower problem? Can you provide a little more insight?

It is in the State Constitution that they do not have any enforcement powers, They have to go through the county attorneys for any law enforcement actions. They do have two trespass people that can enforce violations of leases in an administrative hearing procedure. ;)

Most of the time the people not wanting people on the "State Land" will call the local S.O. and report it to them. Unless you are a jerk to the officer they will just ask you to tone it down or move on. The Game and Fish usually won't go out on this type of call because of the man power shortage.