Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Boyds at one thumbhole and featherweight stocks

Selling a bunch of stuff right now. Proceeds will go to finishing my two teens rifles. Looking hard at the boyds at one thumbhole stocks because with the adjustable cheeck piece and adjustable butt pad i figure the younger kids could still shoot them and the older kids can grow into them. Secondarily considering the featherweight.  Any thoughts or opinions?

Was thinking of the  At One thumbhold on my kids American predator as well.  Be interesting to hear pros/cons.  

We put a standard Boyd's thumbhole on my daughter's Savage Axis and it fit to her shorter length of pull.  That stock is awesome.  Had the AT One been available (or I missed it), I probably would have gone with that one.  She loves, loves, loves her standard Boyd's thumbhole, though, so I can't imagine too many cons for the AT One.

Had a chance to handle a CZ .22 with the 'at-one' stock. I think it's a good option- I'll probably pick up one for my Rem 783 and add DBM to it. For $199 it'll be hard to beat. 

On 5/27/2019 at 5:18 PM, IA Born said:

We put a standard Boyd's thumbhole on my daughter's Savage Axis and it fit to her shorter length of pull.  That stock is awesome.  Had the AT One been available (or I missed it), I probably would have gone with that one.  She loves, loves, loves her standard Boyd's thumbhole, though, so I can't imagine too many cons for the AT One.

What kind of change did you see in your grouping?

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on two at ones

16 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

What kind of change did you see in your grouping?

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on two at ones

I don't have a before/after grouping because of a whole other mess that resulted from having the rifle cerakoted.  The company that did the cerakote required the rifle to be pulled apart, which was stupid ("we don't have an FFL"...).  That lead to having to redevelop loads since it wasn't put back together to the exact dimensions.  By the time I was reworking loads, we had put the new stock on, thus no before/after data.  The stock added a significant amount of weight compared to the factory stock, but it fits her better and has lightened the recoil even more.

The stocks finally came! Unfortunately dumb dumb ordered the wrong one for my daghters gun and I had to send it back and reorder (yes, I am dumb dumb). Anyhoo, I got to say when I originally saw the original at one stock I thought they were hideous, then I saw the thumb hole versions i was intrigued.  I gotta say seeing it in person and on my son's axis I think the thumb hole version looks sweet.  The kids also loved them so that's a plus.

20190612_163848.thumb.jpg.4a3b964717a753c71132647983df2dab.jpg20190612_163933.thumb.jpg.1235c9d9c570f1258ecf7fb48c356c64.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 4:51 PM, CatfishKev said:

The stocks finally came! Unfortunately dumb dumb ordered the wrong one for my daghters gun and I had to send it back and reorder (yes, I am dumb dumb). Anyhoo, I got to say when I originally saw the original at one stock I thought they were hideous, then I saw the thumb hole versions i was intrigued.  I gotta say seeing it in person and on my son's axis I think the thumb hole version looks sweet.  The kids also loved them so that's a plus.

20190612_163848.thumb.jpg.4a3b964717a753c71132647983df2dab.jpg20190612_163933.thumb.jpg.1235c9d9c570f1258ecf7fb48c356c64.jpg

Does it come with a bedding block?

45 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Does it come with a bedding block?

No, I'm gonna bed it though.

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Haven't joined but I've been pokin around over there. Im real happy with the looks. Gonna make the bedding process a father son father daughter event and try and get them involved.

25 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Haven't joined but I've been pokin around over there. Im real happy with the looks. Gonna make the bedding process a father son father daughter event and try and get them involved.

I would practice on a different stock first.