Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Riggs flat lake

Thinking about taking  the wife up this weekend.  Never been there before. Anyone having any info on current conditions right now? Is it full and are the fish biting?

Water quality varies from year to year, in 2016 it was bad so G&F didn't stock it which might also be why it wasn't planned to be stocked this summer, but that can change. Here is the 2019 Stocking Schedule.

https://azgfd-portal-wordpress-pantheon.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/archive/1.3-Summer-Spring-Stocking-Calendar_-April22.pdf

Safford Ranger District
711 14th Avenue, Suite D
Safford, AZ 85546
(928) 428-4150

Assuming your talking about Riggs lake? its been great lately, you got my number feel free to text me if you got any questions ill try and help ya out brotha.

6 hours ago, Bromero54 said:

Took the family up there yesterday! Biting all day. 

8DD43DAA-63AB-41EE-B8D1-A9371FE7BD0D.jpeg

Next time you smoke some better bring some for the shu crew ;) 

• Like 1

Nice job dude.  We went up to do a side by side with meopta, slc, and els with member hatchet jack. The bigger reason was he has a pair of duel spotter big eyes he graciously let me molest.  While glassing we saw the storms and dust blowing and decided camping up top wasn't the best idea!

I read you can catch browns up there, how often does that happen?

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 7:32 AM, PRDATR said:

I would call the ranger district office or G&F to see how full it is. I have never fished it but it should be getting stocked monthly until September. This is last years stocking report.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/azgfd-portal-wordpress/azgfd.wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/14104708/Spring-_Summer-Fish-Stocking3-09-2018.pdf

I called the Ranger District Office and they said they dont do lake reports, and Game and Fish referred me to their lousey fishing report.

• Like 1

Rumor has it Riggs Flat Lake has been stocked twice this year with a little over 10,000 rainbow trout and will hopefully get some more trout in August and September if water quality is good, but if you want to know for sure what is going on try calling the AZGFD hatchery that actually stocks that lake.

Riggs Flat Lake... it's been quite a while since I was there, but the fishing was absolutely awesome as I recall, and actually got better (if you can believe that) the following day when the G&F backed up and stocked it!  That sure was fun... but it also happened when I was just a kid about 1966!  (I'm getting old... haha).