Sign in to follow this  
Guest sj

Az draw results

Anyone know how to cook bonus points? I drew one for elk and antelope this year. and the wife drew one for elk also. That gives me 3 now in the freezer for elk and 2 for goats. Now I just have to figur out how to cook the durn things. I figure if I keep up this luck streak in about 4 or five more years I might actually have enough to make a broth out of or something. And one with any good recipies. please help.. also anyone knowing a good taxidermist for bonus points, I could use that name also. Thanks Shane

I WAS TOLD THAT THE BONUS POINT HAD TO BE HUNG AND AGED FOR A YEAR OR MORE BEFORE IT IS READY, I DON'T THINK MOUNTING IT WOULD DO ANY GOOD EVERYBODY HAS ONE OR TWO OR FIVE

My recipe book says to add 24 pink slips into a 1 qt. saucepan with 1 cup of cheap wine, simmer slowly for 10 minutes, then eat the pot cuz bogus points are inedible.

Doug

I drew 36c in October. Unfortunately, I also drew unit 2b in New Mexico for the same weekend. Maybe Scotty could beam me from one place to the next. My Chevy transporter is too slow(Casey-I know I shoulda got a Ford). Sounds like a big camp could be made for the 36c october hunt.

Doug/Red Rabbit

In the Game Dept's web page in the section for comments I suggested that AZ require all applicants to have taken and passed a hunter safety course. Why don't we already? There could be a grace period of a few years to facilitate the crowd that has not done so yet.

Also, another requirement would be for all applicants to pay up front. These are just a couple of common sense things that would seperate the serious from the non-serious, and the hunter from the animal activist. There are a number of recent developements that have greatly reduced everyone's odds at the draw: Internet apps; no cap on non-residents; Arizona's tremendous population growth, and those silly people that think if they buy a tag and not use it they are saving an animal. I'm just not used to not getting drawn for deer, and my boys don't get to hunt either. Seems we could use a better strategy at this point.

Mike

my older brother and i drew our second choice unit 32 october. this will be a tough one being that it is only 4 days and with football i will only be able to hunt three. we have a pretty good knowledge of 32 and i was wondering if anyone had any tips on where to plan a scouting trip. thanks

GreyGhost85

I personally have never hunted 32 for Coues deer. but I have heard people talk about the northeast end of the mountains coming in from Aravapai Canyon.

Arizona Griz.

Greyghost,

Anything on the north end of the that unit is a good place. but if your after something nice plan on getting off the beaten path and back in the bush a ways. Good luck. Shane

Guest Guest_Bombero

Got drawn for elk, but no whitetail tag. Seriously, I was bummed even though I got a late bull hunt (muzzleloader) in 6A. Funny how the coues hunting gets addictive. Got drawn for the December hunt in 33 for two years straight, and successful both years, so I guess my luck was used up.

There are leftover tags in 30B, anyone have any good info about the unit. AZGFD states there aren't many whitetail there.

Thanks, Rod.