Kodyromero50

Late season Arizona bull hunt

I have a late season tag in Arizona for unit 5b. I hunted 5bs when I was young and have been scouting it recently, but I’m also looking into 5b North as well, just not sure where to start, any advice? Thanks in advance 

Welcome to the site.  I don't have any place to send you but I would advise thick & nasty (steep too) is usually where late season bulls hang out.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Swivelhead said:

Welcome to the site.  I don't have any place to send you but I would advise thick & nasty (steep too) is usually where late season bulls hang out.

That is what I have been hearing, I usually get high and glass for deer and elk but 5bs doesn’t have too many glassing points from what I can find but I’m not sure about the North side. Ready to do some hiking though! Thanks for the reply

1 hour ago, Lucafu1 said:

Lots of places to glass and that unit.

Thanks for your input just looking for some help man. Can’t seem to find too many glassing points besides Anderson Mesa because of how tall the trees are. 

Don't get to high before you glass or you may start seeing things. Scouting on foot is usually the best way to find good glassing points, not many people are just gonna tell you where to go and glass on an internet forum. If someone was dumb enough to actually give you a glassing spot online then you would show up opening morning and there would be 80 other e-scouters sitting in the same spot. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lucafu1 said:

Lots of places to glass and that unit.

Thanks for your input just looking for some help man. Can’t seem to find too many glassing points besides Anderson Mesa because of how tall the trees are. 

12 hours ago, CATERPILLAR said:

Don't get to high before you glass or you may start seeing things. Scouting on foot is usually the best way to find good glassing points, not many people are just gonna tell you where to go and glass on an internet forum. If someone was dumb enough to actually give you a glassing spot online then you would show up opening morning and there would be 80 other e-scouters sitting in the same spot. 

Thank you for the advice

Have you been out there yet? You dont need to get too high, there are lots of meadows and open areas to glass. You just need to find the right spots and angles to look. 

3 minutes ago, Lucafu1 said:

Have you been out there yet? You dont need to get too high, there are lots of meadows and open areas to glass. You just need to find the right spots and angles to look. 

Yes I have been out in 5bs a few times now and 5bn once so far in the past 2 months. It seems like the best strategy to use is to walk and glass from different points. Found some nice places on Anderson Mesa but from what I remember there are always tons of hunters and pressure in that area

Hello to all, ive hunted and scouted 5bn many times. I actually scouted it again this past weekend. Seen some elk and pronghorn. I also have a 5b late bull tag. Same tag i had last year. I mainly stayed in the flats between the 40 and the mesas. Was able to tag a 4x4 bull the first wekend. My 3 other buddies also tagged out the same day. Although they were not monsters it was a good hunt. 

One important tip about this hunt is not to accidentally shoot a cow...

before you laugh too hard, I know TWO brothers(my cousins) who each shot cows on 5b late rifle bull hunts In Different years. 

I hope they read this!!

• Haha 1