5 hours ago, cjl2010 said:

Lol when the lightning starts that couple miles doesn’t seem so bad

Man I had that happen bad out cracker jack once heading out with bolts flying horizontal over my head freaked me out. Covered ground pretty quick for a fat guy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If there is no lightning, stay and keep glassing.  I have glassed tons of deer and elk moving during the rain.  If there is lightning, or you even hear thunder, GTF off the top of the hill, keep your head down, and put down anything metal you are carrying.  

In 2017, I was elk hunting, and was 1 mile from my truck.  Had a storm moving in, and started to hear thunder.  Made a beeline for the truck, and glad I did.  Had lightning hitting within 100' of the truck for about 45 minutes.  And it nailed the hill I was sitting on.   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WHALE said:

Man I had that happen bad out cracker jack once heading out with bolts flying horizontal over my head freaked me out. Covered ground pretty quick for a fat guy

Ha I can picture you hoofing it dragging all your kiddos out too!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

I'm guessing you haven't spent too much time in the desert immediately after a rain, and no, downtown Tucson and Phoenix ain't where I'm talking about.  Maybe its prdtrs fault for missing a single comma after the word AZ, but dang thats not the way to introduce yourself.   

You're kidding. That was well played by the newb.

When it thunders get to the bottom of the hills.  Walk down the wash, arroyyo, or canyon with your gun ready for a fast shoot.  By the way how come that a rookie knows to go out on a hill and glass.  

PS dont hold an umbrella over your head while glassing on a hill. 😒