So I have a fairly basic questions for scouting and rain. Basically to understand if I should just pack up and head back to the truck, or stay put and wait.

I've got a great glassing point picked out. It's about a 1.5mi hike up from the end of a rough looking double track (so might be a lot further).

I was planning on using this hill to look at an almost 360 degree for as long as I can.

My question is, if it starts to rain while I'm up there and it looks like it'll be 20-40 minutes, do I just wait it out and continue when it stops, or does a long drizzle/ rain generally mean the deer will be done for the day? What is their behavior after the rain stops?

Just cover up and glass as soon as it pass's. A lot of times the deer will get moving right after as it cools things off.   

• Like 3

I’ve glassed quite a few deer while it’s raining. Usually as soon as it quits you can catch them standing and shaking off

• Like 2

Unless you were born in AZ like most kids born elsewhere we would go out and play in the rain. Deer will just go about their business. If you spent the time to hike 1 or two miles would you really go back to teh truck because of a little rain?

• Like 2

Get yourself one of those packable umbrellas to throw in your pack.  Also is good to keep you out of the sun as well as keep the front of your glass out of the sun when it starts going doing down a little. Helps you from getting a washed out image.  

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Unless you were born in AZ like most kids born elsewhere we would go out and play in the rain. Deer will just go about their business. If you spent the time to hike 1 or two miles would you really go back to teh truck because of a little rain?

So you should expect deer to act like kids growing up in the east coast? But wait does that mean AZ deer don’t like to play in rain also.... Or should we glass for out of state deer???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ALEXB. said:

So you should expect deer to act like kids growing up in the east coast? But wait does that mean AZ deer don’t like to play in rain also.... Or should we glass for out of state deer???

Feel free to post again when you're not stoned or have taking a reading comprehension course. Great 3rd post. PRDATR out.

• Like 1

Lol my favorite time on CWT is after elk and deer draw but before the hunts start. Always high tension.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ALEXB. said:

I'm guessing you haven't spent too much time in the desert immediately after a rain, and no, downtown Tucson and Phoenix ain't where I'm talking about.  Maybe its prdtrs fault for missing a single comma after the word AZ, but dang thats not the way to introduce yourself.   

• Like 1

Poor kid just wanted to know about glassing in the rain, now we all have sand in our vaginas

• Like 2

I am just gonna keep Quiet on this one. and let Trphyhunter  make a comment...........BOB!

2 minutes ago, naturebob said:

I am just gonna keep Quiet on this one. and let Trphyhunter  make a comment...........BOB!

Quitter

• Like 1