Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Who has the early hunt?

30 minutes ago, AZkiller said:

10 days for an antelope?

I’m guessing it’s a bowhunt.  If he’s after a big buck and not just any buck that’s what it could take.  

• Like 1

I have a 6B archery tag.  I have been scouting 9 times and have only seen 3 bucks.  Unfortunately, only 1 of those is bigger than his ears.  I am thinking about using my Point Guard and turning this tag back in and regaining the 13 points it took to draw.  If anyone has any intel that would convince me otherwise, I would be very grateful for a PM.  I had this same tag 11 years ago and was on good bucks every day of that hunt.  It just seems the population in the unit is way down from where it was back then......

6 hours ago, oflag said:

I have a 6B archery tag.  I have been scouting 9 times and have only seen 3 bucks.  Unfortunately, only 1 of those is bigger than his ears.  I am thinking about using my Point Guard and turning this tag back in and regaining the 13 points it took to draw.  If anyone has any intel that would convince me otherwise, I would be very grateful for a PM.  I had this same tag 11 years ago and was on good bucks every day of that hunt.  It just seems the population in the unit is way down from where it was back then......

I have been scouting for a buddy with the same tag.  #'s seem down to me or they are just hiding better in the trees this year.  Seen plenty of Mule deer bucks, but lacking on the Antelope.  13 points seems like a lot to burn on this hunt.  I would guess the amount of goats killed on the last 5 archery hunts in there are sub 10 total.