BusterAZ

Dove Recipes

Looking for some new recipes or techniques to spice things up this year! Usually, I make poppers and kabobs. Both are great, but looking for a change up.

30F1EFC3-105C-4C91-899B-F5B8CD954C5B.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BusterAZ said:

Looking for some new recipes or techniques to spice things up this year! Usually, I make poppers and kabobs. Both are great, but looking for a change up.

For a bit of a change, try searing them quickly with a bit of olive oil in a very hot pan (no more than 30 sec. per side) and then add them and simmer about 15 min. in a basil marinara sauce to top off your macaroni of choice. 

• Thanks 1

Simmer in creamy chicken mushroom soup.  Not new but excellent.  Thank you Bob Hirsh.  RIP.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Just search the forum there are lots of recipes on here.

I looked on the sticky Dove Recipe thread, but that only had one recipe. Seeing if there’s anything new; variety is the spice of life!

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Make a vinegar oil marinade with garlic, basil, chives, olive oil, apple cider or rice wine vinegar, soak em an hour or two then grill them. Tastes like steak bites.

I’ve done similar marinades with duck breast that I left the skin on and they were great! Are you cooking just the skinless breast or the whole bird plucked? 

9 minutes ago, BusterAZ said:

I’ve done similar marinades with duck breast that I left the skin on and they were great! Are you cooking just the skinless breast or the whole bird plucked? 

Never plucked a dove before. Usually just the two breast halves. Sometimes I’ll do the breast on the bone.

17 minutes ago, BusterAZ said:

I'm sure plucking them takes a lot longer but it should keep them from drying out plus you can also inject a marinade under the skin. Last year the G&F site showed a video with someone plucking them as one method.

• Like 1

I’ve plucked, brined in buttermilk, and fried them before. It’s okay, but I’d like to maybe try smoking them all! I did some green teal on the smoker that way I really liked them!

I layered bone in breasts in a baking dish, covered with green chili, then made a bacon weave to put on top. Smoked for an hour and it came out really good! Think about 20 breasts fit in the dish.

• Like 1