COOSEFAN

Favorite Trophy's

Here's my best coues with a rifle and my best muley with a bow.

I'll ditto what Coues'n'sheep said, Outstanding Desert Ram Thor!!! WOW!

post-1242-1207891532.jpgpost-1242-1207891543_thumb.jpg

Well there are 4 hunts that come to mind.

The first is my dads first coues buck

CopyofPA260007.jpg

Then my first coues buck

CopyofPB090042.jpg

Then my first bull elk/first archery harvest (couldn't have done it if Manny wasn't there, I owe you big time Manny!)

103_0024.jpg

Then my dad myself and cody getting a triple on javelina (it was probably the most fun day of hunting I have ever had, not only was I able to watch my dad harvest his first ever archery animal I got to spend the day with my dad and a good friend.)

ArcheryJavelina005.jpg

I love this thread... I really enjoy looking at all the magnificent trophies u guys have. I dont have much but Ill post a couple later today. Keep it going guys.

Here's my best coues with a rifle and my best muley with a bow.

I'll ditto what Coues'n'sheep said, Outstanding Desert Ram Thor!!! WOW!

post-1242-1207891532.jpgpost-1242-1207891543_thumb.jpg

I remeber that awesome buck! You got him like 3 or 4 years ago right? How about some pictures of the mount, and I forget what was the score? It was hihg 120's typical I think right?

Here's a handful of 'trophies' from the past few years:

2007 California Blacktail

post-1847-1207921029_thumb.jpg

My first elk -2007 Oregon

post-1847-1207921093_thumb.jpg

2007 Oregon Spring Bear

post-1847-1207921158_thumb.jpg

2008 California Hog

post-1847-1207921334_thumb.jpg

2006 California Bear -19 8/16"

post-1847-1207921529_thumb.jpg

Some super trophies, folks! I'm jealous of many of them! -TONY

Now you know how most of us felt when pics of your trophy room were floating around! ;)

Speakin of which, am I mistaken, or have you not contributed to this thread yet?

Matt S.

Hey Warr7664.... nice collection of animals... is that your infamous 'texas' hog? :D :D :D

one question... on the coues deer... how well did the blood come out of that T-shirt? Holy cats!

cmc

Hey Warr7664.... nice collection of animals... is that your infamous 'texas' hog? :D :D :D

one question... on the coues deer... how well did the blood come out of that T-shirt? Holy cats!

cmc

No, I can't seem to upload a picture of that beast. I took both of these last month using the same method. ;)

post-2080-1207935587.jpg

post-2080-1207936080.jpg

Matt,

The ones that make me jealous are the sheep and BIG elk pix. I have yet to hunt sheep, and of the 14 elk I've killed, none met my criteria to become a wall hanger. So I'm still hoping for a sheep permit and still looking for a BIG elk. :(

As far as contributing to this thread, I'm guessing most members here have already seen many of my in-the-field pix I have already posted in other threads. -TONY

Matt,

The ones that make me jealous are the sheep and BIG elk pix. I have yet to hunt sheep, and of the 14 elk I've killed, none met my criteria to become a wall hanger. So I'm still hoping for a sheep permit and still looking for a BIG elk. :(

As far as contributing to this thread, I'm guessing most members here have already seen many of my in-the-field pix I have already posted in other threads. -TONY

I hear ya. I've only drawn one elk tag & my girlfriend butchered that hunt w/ her Dale Earnhardt Sr. impersonation and those sheep pics are enough to get anyone's blood pumping. I managed to get invited on a sheep hunt in NM for the spring of '09. Mouflan sheep, I believe. I'm not even sure what the heck a mouflan sheep looks like, but as I've been swapping e-mails w/ the others in the group for several months now, I know w/ that pack of nuts even a jack-rabbit hunt would still be one helluva time.

Matt S.

Matt,

My problem with elk has been two-fold. Over the first two decades I hunted them I was never concerned about trophy quality. I killed smaller bulls in AZ, CO, NM and ID, but only two were 5x5 or better, with the biggest a 5x6 that might have scored 300 or so.

Then when getting a permit here eventually meant saying a lot of prayers, I finally drew for the 22N late season. On opening morning, however, I was too sick to go out and hunt, So I never got out of bed and stayed that way for two days. On the 3rd morning, I decided to reluctantly venture forth and shoot the first bull I might spot. That too was a smallish 5x6 with a couple broken tines. The next day I went to the doc, and he told me I had pneumonia. :blink:

I've killed several exotic sheep, and it can be fun under the right circumstances if it isn't a shooting-fish-in-barrel thing. Take it for what it is and enjoy the trip. -TONY