Sign in to follow this  
CHD

An Albino Deer (pic)

A buddy of mine from Wyoming sent me a pic of this doe that he came across last weekend along the N. Platte River east of Casper.

Albino.jpg

Edited by CHD

I ain't sure of anything other than a lot of people drink a lot of hard liquor in Wyoming. How 'bout these?

08783abd.jpg

67ff7d0f.jpg

c8df9dbb.jpg

My family has some land back in Illinois that is loaded with whitetail and about once every 6-7 years an albino will show up. Those things show up for miles it seems. Especially when they are moving through the forest. Never have got one on film of any kind though. Neat pics CHD . AG

Turns out that the deer pic is legit. Here is the message I received from my buddy today in his exact words.

Howdy!

I did an elevation survey for a woman on the north end of Paradise Valley and she told me that she saw an albino with 2 fawns on the river that morning. I finally got around to getting up to the north side of the river last Sunday. It took me about 2 hours to find her. It was off Robertson Road on the east side, past the subdivisions.

I had the35mm camera with spotting scope attached and a digital camera. She was laying down when I spotted her so I set up the 35MM on a tripod and took 14 pictures at about 50 yards. i then went within about 15 yards and got the digital pictures. I'm still waiting to get the 35mm pictures back from processing.

This deer is really beautifull. It almost seemed surreal as she watched me take her picture.

There was an adult albino mule deer doe in 20b dont know if it is still alive or not.

There is nothing neater than seeing an albino animal. I ahve only seen one albino animal in my life and theat was an albino fox on my sisters deer hunt about 4 years ago in 20c. Sister would have had it to if it would not have scented us.

Grew up on a farm in upstate NY. MyUncle would never let me shoot any fo them. We had a strange heard of Albino WhiteTail. Only one was completely white. There were 4 total. One had white patches like a cow the otehr two had almost all white from the mid back. I watched thema lot but never took one of them. ITs been almost 10 years since I hunted the farm and nobody is out there otherwise. I'll make a run up there this Christmas when I get back ther and get a few pics for ya.

GN They stand out like sore thumb until it snows!