Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Payson eating

This has shed a whole new light for me on the eating places in Payson and also the integrity of the posts........gosh, all I wanted was a good place to eat with my wife and kids......next time I ask for any info on a huntin spot I will have to remember how fast this topic went south and learn......

You guys are toooooo funny.......thanks for the laughs and uuhhhhhhh the eatin place info......

Jeff

This has shed a whole new light for me on the eating places in Payson and also the integrity of the posts........gosh, all I wanted was a good place to eat with my wife and kids......next time I ask for any info on a huntin spot I will have to remember how fast this topic went south and learn......

You guys are toooooo funny.......thanks for the laughs and uuhhhhhhh the eatin place info......

Jeff

:blink: :blink: Where did you ever come to the conclusion that there was Any integrity in any of us or our posts???? :blink: :rolleyes: :lol: :P

Look at the bright side You now know not to take the kids to eat at Pete's in Star Valley :blink: and you know a whole bunch about all kinds of different eating places in Payson! :D ;) :lol: I mean, you did get some pretty consisant answers ;).... and some not-so consistant :rolleyes: .... :lol:

So where can we all meet you for dinner on Saturday Night..... and what time??? :rolleyes: :lol: :D ;)

Almost for got.... Saturday Night is Primerib night all over the Rimcountry.... and probably everywhere else.... :rolleyes: And that is a very safe menu choice at any one of the places mentioned on this thread (that serve primerib, of course)! ;)

CnS

I thought we did pretty good discussion eatin places......I'll let you know how it goes.....I'll leave it up to the birthday boy to decide, I think he wants to go to Chilis and I won't let him choose Petes......he just turned 18 and that ain't gonna happen on my watch.....

Funny thing is we have been back and forth to the valley last few weeks, my 10 year old happen to be awake one late night as we passed the very bright TOPLESS CABARET sign there on the right hand side at Bushnell Tanks.....which led to an extensive conversation......while mom was sleeping......oh boy, the joys of raising kids......

Somewhere around 7:00........and you are dang sure welcome to join us...we'll be making alot of noise laughing and having a good time no matter where we land, but I'll put my money on Chillis......

Is the Small Cafe still there???? It was in an older strip mall on the west side of 87 a little south of the 260 intersection... Stopped in there for lunch years ago, and it was AWESOME!!!! Haven't been back since, but I always think about it. If it's still there, and 1/2 as good as it was then, then go there for lunch!!!

Anyone been there?

S.

:)

Is the Small Cafe still there???? It was in an older strip mall on the west side of 87 a little south of the 260 intersection... Stopped in there for lunch years ago, and it was AWESOME!!!! Haven't been back since, but I always think about it. If it's still there, and 1/2 as good as it was then, then go there for lunch!!!

Anyone been there?

S.

:)

Yep, still there.....new owners though. Haven't been in there for a year or so.

Years ago... about a dozen or so... we stopped at the Cafe on the right just as you turn on 260. The kids ordered a burger and coke. The lady said I don't think so you will have milk. Very much like the lunch lady at school would have done back in my day. I just chuckled at the kids who looked shell shocked as they said ok to milk. But the best part was they loved the milk. They never get whole milk at home. I told them it was good because it was mountain milk... always better in the mountains. To this day they laugh at "mountain milk" even though they are 18 and 20 year olds.

They also didn't finish the burgers and waited till the lady was out of sight before they said come on dad lets leave now before she comes back and makes us finish our food. She scared the heck out of them in a fun way... and they loved the milk.

Funny how some little thing can be a fun memory.

We hit el rancho many time and have always left 10 pounds heavyer :unsure: :blink:

My wife can't make a hunting trip in the rim country without wanting to eat at El Rancho for mexican food

TJ

All this talk about eatin places in Payson (especeially El Roncho) has made me a little homesick. Might have to take a road trip this weekend.

El Rancho, don't try to take a toyhauler into their back lot, it will get pinched and catch fire! :ph34r:

For me, it's always Denny's! :lol:

El Rancho, don't try to take a toyhauler into their back lot, it will get pinched and catch fire! :ph34r:

:blink: :blink:

What the...... :huh: How did that happen??

Denny's???? :blink: :lol: :lol: :P

The parking lot between Macky's and Chili's is big and is easy in and out with trucks and trailers! ;)

:blink: :blink:

What the...... :huh: How did that happen??

Denny's???? :blink: :lol: :lol: :P

The parking lot between Macky's and Chili's is big and is easy in and out with trucks and trailers! ;)

It's a long story. Our Toyhauler was still new to us, and in the shop a lot. Anyways we picked it up to go up to Happy Jack to meet my sister and Missedagain for the archery shoot, and the guys at the shop hooked everything up, and showed us this really cool way to thread the trailer light/brake plug between the tounge and sway bars (hey, we're still new and this guy knows what he's doing!). So we get up to Payson around seven or so and pull into the very empty rear parking lot of El Rancho. We make a large turn, and begin to back up to reset the truck and trailer to finnish the turn. About that time there is a nice flash, and the ENTIRE back parking lot is filled with a beautiful greyish white electrical smoke. All hands on deck as my dad jumps out, and begins trying to remove the now burning trailer from the very new F250, my mom is attempting to get two lab puppies, an older lab, and a shitsu out of said truck and I'm trying to get into the trailer to get the fire extinguisher. At this point we have a nice crowd of people watching this scene and smoke is still billowing out of the front of the trailer, you know right where all the propane tanks and generator fuel lines run. I lay down on the cement and see a huge grip of wires glowing bright cherry red, and all the insulation on the wires around it on fire. One quick shot with the fire exstingisher and it was over. Payson PD and fire department showed up and made sure everything was alright, but the trailer was fried. We spent the night right there with no heater, and no lights. The next morning we brought it back down to the valley with no trailer brakes, or lights the entire way back to the shop. They had just opened when we pulled in and began unhooking the thing right in the middle of their driveway. The guy who routed the wires came running out yelling that we couldn't park it there, and it needed to be brough back to the bays because they had customers coming in. For some reason once my dad and I told him what happened (with a few four letter sentence enhancers added) he said it could stay right there. :lol: What had happened was when the trailer began to backup it twisted like trailers do, and sheared the light plug between the tounge and sway bars.

And for denny's there is that large empty dirt lot just a few yards from their parking lot. :P

:lol: :P :lol: Sorry but I had to laugh :lol:

I'll bet you the Tech who showed you that COOL way does not own an RV :P

He actually lives in one of the old streamline trailers on the RV shops property. :rolleyes: It's funny now, but at the time, oh man we were ready to kill someone. :lol:

BTW, we still eat at El Rancho, but now we park in the Del Taco/Walgreens parking lot. ;)

This is how I find places to eat in unfamiliar country--Google maps--it gives you a starting point for more research. El Rancho is very good. There is/was a steak house just as you make the turn onto 260 from the Beeline --it was up on a hillside sort of and there is an RV park up there also. Can't remember the name--it wasn't too bad as I recall.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

i met a really cute girl at mackys one day after me and my buddy came back from a scouting trip.,,,,,,she still has my cd.........cbryant