Sign in to follow this  
Camo

Border units vs. Central unit Coues

If you want the Iconic coues hunt that you always see in videos and pictures with oaks and grassy slopes head south.  I live next to 21,22,23, 24s but I always head south for coues.  Something about those oaks and grassy slopes just memorize me!

Image result for southern arizona rolling hills

• Like 4

I had a goal of hunting (and killing) a coues in every unit in AZ, I am getting close, but found lately to stick to a few units.

I really like the 30's units.  I would recommend a left over javi tag (archery) that encompasses multiple units.  Spend a week or two in January and see the state has to offer.  

It's all in what you are looking for, I guarantee any unit you pick, you will love once you get there and all have B&C bucks. I absolutely love the units with the most left over tags every year, I now put those units as my third choice so I don't have to worry about the left over process and can plan my hunt. 

I would trade spots for spots... you give me info for Wash I will get you info in AZ!

9 hours ago, Zeke-BE said:

If you want the Iconic coues hunt that you always see in videos and pictures with oaks and grassy slopes head south.  I live next to 21,22,23, 24s but I always head south for coues.  Something about those oaks and grassy slopes just memorize me!

Image result for southern arizona rolling hills

Ruby road ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eagle mountain ranch said:

Ruby road ? 

I quickly pulled it up on Google for southern AZ.  But once I saw it I was pretty sure it was Ruby Road.  Its been a few years since Ive been on Ruby.  But trying to get my point across :)

• Like 1

Just getting back from a recent failed attempt at filling a late mule deer permit for my dad here locally.  ZekeB, that's some pretty country. 

Setcam, thanks for the heads-up.

On 11/8/2019 at 4:02 PM, Redman said:

I had a goal of hunting (and killing) a coues in every unit in AZ, I am getting close, but found lately to stick to a few units.

I really like the 30's units.  I would recommend a left over javi tag (archery) that encompasses multiple units.  Spend a week or two in January and see the state has to offer.  

It's all in what you are looking for, I guarantee any unit you pick, you will love once you get there and all have B&C bucks. I absolutely love the units with the most left over tags every year, I now put those units as my third choice so I don't have to worry about the left over process and can plan my hunt. 

I would trade spots for spots... you give me info for Wash I will get you info in AZ!

Redman- Happy to help if I can? I'm assuming you have looked into WA and found it to be very unfriendly to NR as far as opportunity and fees. Not to mention arguably the highest population per huntable square mile of the western states with the lowest animal populations. What are you interested in, hopefully fishing?

On 11/8/2019 at 5:05 PM, Zeke-BE said:

I quickly pulled it up on Google for southern AZ.  But once I saw it I was pretty sure it was Ruby Road.  Its been a few years since Ive been on Ruby.  But trying to get my point across :)

Yup.  Right at the atascosa lookout trailhead