Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

2018 kaibab buck

So I never really posted about my kaibab buck for 2018 so I figured I would now. Was lucky enough to draw the tag with very little points. A guide was on my mind but the I didn’t have the funds to make something like that happen. Made the trip up a few times with the family to learn the area and see what I was getting into. Also lucky that people are willing to share a little info on what the deer should be doing sense it’s such a lucky tag to have. The hunt time arrived and was lucky to have my buddy Devon with me for the hunt which I owe him a lot for being able to make it and I had my uncle and cousin there for the first three days as well to help out. The first three days were amazing and we cover tons of ground from north to south on the far west side of the unit. We saw tons of deer and some big deer but I never made an attempt to get in on them we just glassed and watched. What a show we got to see with them rutting all over. By the third evening my finger was getting itchy but I still didn’t make any attempts on deer. My uncle and cousin had to leave that evening and it left just my buddy Devon and I to hunt. Fourth day came and that morning we watched a big three by four that was very tall for a while plus some other smaller bucks chasing and we watched some other hunters go after him. Still didn’t go after anything that morning just watched. That evening we went to a different spot and I picked up a buck right away that had one doe and bedded right away. It was also my daughters fifth birthday and I felt it was the right time to make an attempt. We got into 450 yards and ran out of cover. Buck was bedded with his doe with a rock right in front of his vitals so I had to wait it out. Waited for about thirty minutes and then the doe finally stood up and the buck stood as well presenting a perfect broadside shot and I took it and the buck wobbled down hill and fell over. The celebration started between my buddy and I and I couldn’t of been happier. What a great moment and plus it was on my daughters birthday so I felt it was meant to be. I am sure I prob watched bigger bucks or maybe that was the biggest buck I saw which I have no clue as I had never seen that many shooters in my eyes before. It was a hunt that I will never forget and I got to do it with a my great friend Devon and my uncle that got me hooked on hunting from the start and his boy. I can’t wait tell I draw that tag again.

3701075B-DCDC-4185-A91C-1FAB2DB9DE2B.jpeg

9C35B2D9-31CC-4388-B211-A58ACFF6C7D4.jpeg

56A7B86B-1BDE-4016-B683-5EF4327D39A0.jpeg

ACAEB64A-DFF8-4529-A5EF-8FF983A04F4B.jpeg

3FAE061D-AC01-4F6D-8FFF-286BE6DC0AFB.jpeg

63E92FCF-AD83-4C24-9271-07641040CD0E.jpeg

8E6B33DA-6BBA-47E0-99CA-76F4D9EF9A6F.jpeg

D32EB101-C29C-4BD2-8B59-A4E5AC5BCA32.jpeg

1263AB4C-53C1-4E09-9CAB-66CA119DB977.jpeg

604D3D30-8579-4646-9E5E-2E4DD9B4C7A3.png

• Like 13
  • Great Buck! 1

Very nice Buck.Congrats, Its an amazing hunt , isn't it?  I was there with a tag on that hunt and hope to get another in My life but doubt it at 63. Amazing to see the quality and number of Bucks .Congrats again.........BOB!

• Like 1

Thanks bob. Last year I did post on your thread a picture but figured I would share my story as I am sitting here with my little man who has a broken femur watching hunting videos on YouTube. You never know if you about another tag it can always happen!

• Like 1

Not really sure but he was on the monster truck ride and it was over and tried to get out and fell. I think he got his leg stuck on the shitty ride that had a broke floor and rest of body went over the ride. Wife found him on ground crying.

1 hour ago, couesdeerhntr said:

Not really sure but he was on the monster truck ride and it was over and tried to get out and fell. I think he got his leg stuck on the shitty ride that had a broke floor and rest of body went over the ride. Wife found him on ground crying.

Dang poor little guy.  Btw sorry I've been so crazy busy still haven't had time to go through thise pics yet. But if I remember correctly I didnt see the herd you shot from. 

29 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

One day.....ONE DAY....I will have my OWN late 12A tag in my pocket.....

Same..

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Dang poor little guy.  Btw sorry I've been so crazy busy still haven't had time to go through thise pics yet. But if I remember correctly I didnt see the herd you shot from. 

No worries on the pics and if you get some time send them my way. if not I know how it is I don’t get much time either with the kids and work.  Now with  the the little man hurt he needs some help too. He has been in and out of sleep today sense he really hasn’t slept much in a few days so I finally got time to post on cwt.

1 hour ago, lancetkenyon said:

One day.....ONE DAY....I will have my OWN late 12A tag in my pocket.....

I got $20 that says Taylor gets another one before you...

• Haha 1

Couesdeerhntr, was this the late tag? 12AW?