Sign in to follow this  
grey curse

Youth backpacks, any suggestions????

Looking to buy my 12 year old a nice hunting pack for Christmas.  He is small but has started carrying his own binoculars, tripod, water and food.  I would like to find a pack that has a comfortable waist belt for him.  Any ideas or suggestions whorls be appreciated.   

Hard to go wrong with the badlands packs. Very versatile - All three of my boys used them. I may have one up for sale before long as I switched my personal day pack over to a Kuiu. 

Mine use the Eberlestock X1's for the last few years.  My oldest daughter used a smaller 2000 ci Bdlands this year and carried a rifle a a bit of gear and really liked it . All that being said my other daughter has a really small frame so we will be buying the new Badlands Kali soon.  New model made for women, hoping this one can be tightened up for her correctly.

If they are really small then go to REI and find a backpacking pack that fits.  My 9 year old has this as nothing in the hunting world will work and we tried dozens none were close.

One of my daughters has an eberlestock X1 and the other has a kuiu icon pro.  Both are great packs.  I think the eberlestock fits them a little better.  The waist belt on the kuiu is a tad big for a small 12 year old.

18 hours ago, Coach said:

Hard to go wrong with the badlands packs. Very versatile - All three of my boys used them. I may have one up for sale before long as I switched my personal day pack over to a Kuiu. 

Agree on Badlands...My 12yo daughter started carrying my old Badlands Superday this year and it suits her very well.