roninflag

horses in elk unit

1 minute ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Bull F’N chit dude. You obviously haven’t been around cattle or horses much and being as I own both and have grown up in a ranching family that’s so wrong. Cattle are way harder on the land, fences, and feed. 

Lower salt river is ruined because of horses. It’s nothing but piles of horse shoot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Who? Random people shooting them when they see them? 

That’s against the law and whenever a horse is killed it’s front page news. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Go to water holes all over the state and it’s mostly cow chit everywhere. Why aren’t you complaining about that? It’s worse. 

Cattle are not an invasive species. We’re talking about feral horses here. Are the horses taken out every year to be sold and ate like cattle 

• Like 1

Just now, azbirdhunter88 said:

Cattle were brought in here and are invasive species. Horses traveled here if your curious. 

Those horses escaped from the Rez. They’re not wild. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Bull F’N chit dude. You obviously haven’t been around cattle or horses much and being as I own both and have grown up in a ranching family that’s so wrong. Cattle are way harder on the land, fences, and feed. 

Lol ok then. I live amongst cattle, I know how hard they are on fences and feed. The cattle I know, for the most part will make a trail, follow said trail, and destroy one area. They’ll feed on that are and then they are moved to another pasture. That allows the previous pasture to regrow and repair. The horses do not follow a trail, destroy an area, and hop the fence to do it again. I don’t hate wild horses/burros but they need to be controlled. You control your cattle right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Lol ok then. I live amongst cattle, I know how hard they are on fences and feed. The cattle I know, for the most part will make a trail, follow said trail, and destroy one area. They’ll feed on that are and then they are moved to another pasture. That allows the previous pasture to regrow and repair. The horses do not follow a trail, destroy an area, and hop the fence to do it again. I don’t hate wild horses/burros but they need to be controlled. You control your cattle right?

Yes and my horses. Cattle eat grass, trees, and weeds. Horses won’t touch weeds. Cattle are way harder on the land dude. 

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

You really think that’s where they all same from? Just cause it’s a unit close to the Rez your wrong. They are all over and have been forever. Not all just from the Rez. 

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Lots of the horses in the 3’s are horses that people couldn’t afford and take care of. Just like feral dogs and cats in the cities. They should be trapped and sterilized. Population control is a good thing.

• Like 1

Just now, azbirdhunter88 said:

Who’s really invasive 

Explain it to me cuz you’re not making any sense 

Just now, muledeerarea33? said:

Lots of the horses in the 3’s are horses that people couldn’t afford and take care of. Just like feral dogs and cats in the cities. They should be trapped and sterilized. Population control is a good thing.

the horses in the 3s escaped during the rodeo fire for the most part

• Like 2