roninflag

horses in elk unit

1 minute ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

I’m all for capturing and gelding them. It’s just the killing and people wanting them dead that bothers me. 

Fair enough I guess. But I believe they are destroying areas.  At least you could argue that the cattle that you say are more destructive are at least regulated by the ranchers. The horses have free reign though and that's no good.  And from what I read that they supposedly push elk and other animals off of water holes, makes me think that at the very least something needs to be done.   

Just now, CatfishKev said:

Fair enough I guess. But I believe they are destroying areas.  At least you could argue that the cattle that you say are more destructive are at least regulated by the ranchers. The horses have free reign though and that's no good.  And from what I read that they supposedly push elk and other animals off of water holes, makes me think that at the very least something needs to be done.   

Regulated? You think ranchers tell them to stop eating stuff down to the dirt and they do? Tell them to stop making deep tracks all over feeding areas and they listen? 

4 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

And the ranchers are the ones making the water holes for cattle that our wild game uses. Birdhunter is way out there. 

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

And the ranchers are the ones making the water holes for cattle that our wild game uses. Birdhunter is way out there. 

Whatever you think buddy 

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Maybe ranchers should kill all the game that comes to their waterholes then also huh trphy? They are invasive to their cattle waters right? 

10 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Regulated? You think ranchers tell them to stop eating stuff down to the dirt and they do? Tell them to stop making deep tracks all over feeding areas and they listen? 

No, I don't think the ranchers ever actually try talking sense to cattle.  But they do ultimately want to make money dont they?

1 minute ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Maybe ranchers should kill all the game that comes to their waterholes then also huh trphy? They are invasive to their cattle waters right? 

No. Those are native species. Go to bed bud. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

How do you think the population should be manged AZBH88?  Pretty much every animal in the state is managed in some way.  I wonder if a lion would try and kill a horse?  I am sure they would, but it would have to be really hungry or some kind of circumstance.  I honestly do not hunt the areas where the horses are a problem, but I do hunt where the Donkey population has exploded.  With none or very few predators and no hunting season, they have become an absolute PIA.  They tear the landscape up pretty bad.

I know noticed that where i hunt in 16A there are more in the valley I hunt now then there were six years ago and I have seen them eating Palo Verde trees and other bushes that I would thing nothing would eat.