Sign in to follow this  
Bthomas

Elk draw

I am now officially a resident of AZ. Do I stand a chance to draw an elk tag or should I just pocket my point for next year or further? I would even settle for the last season. Any suggestions? Thanks

Absolutely have chances at late rifle bull tags in numerous units.  My cousin drew 4 years in a row (all bull), and son-in-law drew 3 years in a row (all bull).  Taylor drew 4 years in a row too.  Bull/bull/bull/cow.

• Like 2

Granted it was back in the 70’s when my dad moved to Arizona from Mississippi but he drew the early muzzy tag in 1 first time putting in, then the 27 muzzy tag the following year. Not to mention he’s had 6 antelope tags (2) muzzy, (4) rifle. Always put in if you’re able to hunt it.

18 hours ago, Bthomas said:

I am now officially a resident of AZ. Do I stand a chance to draw an elk tag or should I just pocket my point for next year or further? I would even settle for the last season. Any suggestions? Thanks

How many points do you have

Always put in if you want a chance to go.  There is no pocketing anything.  I have not been drawn in 18 years, and with HE and Loyalty have 20 points.  I still won't get drawn for Trophy Bull....but I still put in.  Someday I will get the Golden Ticket.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sjvcon said:

Always put in if you want a chance to go.  There is no pocketing anything.  I have not been drawn in 18 years, and with HE and Loyalty have 20 points.  I still won't get drawn for Trophy Bull....but I still put in.  Someday I will get the Golden Ticket.

Same here,  20 this year. 

21 points, still believing “this will be the year”