elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

55012.gif

55022.jpeg

55041.jpeg

• Like 1

Motivational Monday, help all of us to reduce the freshman 15 on quarantine.

And yes i have found the end or bottom of the internet about every other day.

5 minutes ago, n2horns said:

Motivational Monday, help all of us to reduce the freshman 15 on quarantine.

And yes i have found the end or bottom of the internet about every other day.

I am referring to it as the COVID-19 (pounds).

As I am typing this, I am SITTING DOWN IN A RESTAURANT about to order my lunch!!!!! Almost feels strange...

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 9:21 PM, biglakejake said:

possible effect of the virus scare.  pulledthe newly aquired old starcraft 17ft up to eze marine the other day and had to back it around the lot like three times for the service manager to be  happy where i was leaving it.  pulled out on the hiway and immediatelylost power and angled offthe road to a stop in a flat place.  vapor lock.  raised the hood for the usual 1 1/2 hours it takes to run again.

about 40 minutes along and a young fellow with one tooth and an ancient for ranger stops and asks if i need help.  i told him prayers and it would start again in about an hour.

about a half hour later he leans in the drivers window and wakes me up-hisranger is nowhere to be seen so i was on point quickly.  he hands me an alibertos bag and this huge can of az iced tea, wishes me luck and runs back across the hiway to his ranger and smokes on down the road.

weird.  quite a gentleman.

460 started this time about 10 minutes early.

lee

I'm probably way out of line here but my Ford trucks with dual tanks and 460s, went thru fuel pumps often. Probably happens with single tank pumps too. But the pump would crap out and after awhile, suddenly worked again.

But I never once got lunch from a stranger, did you buy a lottery ticket?

On 5/7/2020 at 9:21 PM, biglakejake said:

possible effect of the virus scare.  pulledthe newly aquired old starcraft 17ft up to eze marine the other day and had to back it around the lot like three times for the service manager to be  happy where i was leaving it.  pulled out on the hiway and immediatelylost power and angled offthe road to a stop in a flat place.  vapor lock.  raised the hood for the usual 1 1/2 hours it takes to run again.

about 40 minutes along and a young fellow with one tooth and an ancient for ranger stops and asks if i need help.  i told him prayers and it would start again in about an hour.

about a half hour later he leans in the drivers window and wakes me up-hisranger is nowhere to be seen so i was on point quickly.  he hands me an alibertos bag and this huge can of az iced tea, wishes me luck and runs back across the hiway to his ranger and smokes on down the road.

weird.  quite a gentleman.

460 started this time about 10 minutes early.

lee

Was this the fellar?  He aint there to help, his name is Tricky Ricki, turns a stop into a "service call" charges 87 bucks.

55117.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mc68 said:

As I am typing this, I am SITTING DOWN IN A RESTAURANT about to order my lunch!!!!! Almost feels strange...

was it strange to eat in a restraint? Where did you go, what was the experience?  

55163.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Edge said:

Ford trucks with dual tanks and 460s, went thru fuel pumps often

i used to think that was the problem many years ago.  but i was vapor locked on Rye hill about 10 years ago and pulled the fuel line off the 4bbl.  couldn't pump a drop of fuel for 90 minutes then it gushed again.  drove on up to show low.

for the youngsters this is a 4bb(note the location of the onboard computer)l:

roch.jpg.5721474d4ca7adb0390c30e78e34d209.jpg

3 hours ago, biglakejake said:

i used to think that was the problem many years ago.  but i was vapor locked on Rye hill about 10 years ago and pulled the fuel line off the 4bbl.  couldn't pump a drop of fuel for 90 minutes then it gushed again.  drove on up to show low.

for the youngsters this is a 4bb(note the location of the onboard computer)l:

roch.jpg.5721474d4ca7adb0390c30e78e34d209.jpg

Vacuum progressive with electric choke..sweet

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Vacuum progressive with electric choke..sweet

Show off, LOL

55292.jpeg

• Like 4