Sign in to follow this  
yotebuster

Elk Tomahawks!!!

Thought I’d throw up a pic of last nights dinner.  Elk tomahawk steaks with some other goodies my wife put together.  If you can at all make it happen to keep the bone in your back strap steaks like this you’ll take them to a new level!!!  I have packed a sawzall into some heck holes and have done it with a gerber folding saw a time or two as well. 

9F9DB2BF-F042-491E-B690-023487F628FE.thumb.jpeg.9f165841f859901871c422be730a958d.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wow! 1

Never thought to try that. I might have to give it a go with our next elk. I'd throw it on the smoker and to about 132 degrees and do a reverse sear. I bet it would be ridiculous.

• Love 1

I’m not quite sure how it makes that big of a difference but it does.  Even on an antelope where the rib bone is contacting the back strap for an inch or two it makes a huge difference.  We did some boneless and some bone in and the difference was amazing.  Whoever said wild game fat isn’t good is on crack.  The rib meat is even good.  I eat them right down to the bone.  Ribs will be a little tough due to the fast cooking but the flavor is awesome.  

ohhhh man!!!!  looking good

I did a beef tomahawk for my son last summer...man oh man. They are good. 

0626191815a_HDR.thumb.jpg.6c6c2437e0bff085be11c19ef6fa3d21.jpg0626191911_HDR.thumb.jpg.6af059f4960dbeb6d1984d99f84b728f.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Is it weird to have a man crush on Ben?

Considering you’re newly divorced I’m a little concerned about it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3