Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Official Coues Score Practice Thread

Recommended Posts

We are all bored. Post a couple pics of your deer, then post the score UNDERNEATH the pics not above them.  

Let's start with a small guy. Taken next to a monster can for a size reference since skulls are so tough. Monster can is 6 1/8" tall

20200411_154344.thumb.jpg.81e9b6d8df8a50a2840bc97115ce23d6.jpg20200411_154354.thumb.jpg.c2bb965dab9a98872aafce9c869b90b9.jpg20200411_154401.thumb.jpg.f0fd94f5c808f346a99050da106b356f.jpg

 

 

This little dude is.........

 

45.2" gross,  43 1/8 net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next... taken next to monster can and last skull.

 

20200411_163313.thumb.jpg.b44b7c83fca5515917f35c192b17af5d.jpg20200411_163316.thumb.jpg.b82b53d73f0b349517bc5a6c063c386a.jpg20200411_163319.thumb.jpg.b020595f698f9bab4ddf3450fe9574df.jpg20200411_163342.thumb.jpg.7e5cb7ab1252b1bcc3699718bf5f8e28.jpg

 

so for you archery guys,  this is basically what your looking for to make pope and young. This guy just misses it at 67 7/8" after deductions.  Gross score is 71 3/4"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting note, skull sizes vary wildly by age of animal. I was surprised by the size of the last one I posted which even though he basically is 70" his skull was much smaller then the mature buck I killed last january. I only mention this because we often use the deers ears as a point of reference.  

Next measure is the only deadhead I've ever found.. here he is next to the first 2. Any guesses while I measure? 

20200411_164810.thumb.jpg.1a8ad6d2c326a84aaad2a1c0a867f0b3.jpg20200411_165356.thumb.jpg.778bbab4701dceed5fd44a611a5b02c3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok here's a bigger one next to the first two.  

 

20200411_171242.thumb.jpg.58920d8d8a586b27ea343df1bc42af9c.jpg20200411_171328.thumb.jpg.7539a643dcd31686dd7053e7d0ab74b4.jpg20200411_171308.thumb.jpg.0adda5e6308d3311639addfc50eacfd8.jpg20200411_171423.thumb.jpg.dc33d5ee8780c05668826c4e5243d3d5.jpg

 

 

this guy comes in at 90 5/8" gross and nets 86.25"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok here's one after the kill,  note the 1st pic is decieving, it makes his left side look bigger then he actually is.  Wife knows how to take a good pic!

20190102_101159.thumb.jpg.2c526985850c7c68565ffe8811b838dd.jpg20190102_100757.thumb.jpg.ac309656b1f222a3be1cb5eb73768cb3.jpg20190103_081443.thumb.jpg.05840db94345579bc3c3b939090facb3.jpg20190303_135751.thumb.jpg.eb21766591a8b5be02a4d70adc1c4d1a.jpg

 

 

 

ok this guy comes in at..  

98.75 gross and 96.5 net score.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2x2beers and a 3x3beers with eye guards, my guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

Nets are for fish.

Yeah, lets use the CWT internet outfitter green gross campfire whiskey score... the most commonly used scoring system. Ed F

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Next... taken next to monster can and last skull.

 

20200411_163313.thumb.jpg.b44b7c83fca5515917f35c192b17af5d.jpg20200411_163316.thumb.jpg.b82b53d73f0b349517bc5a6c063c386a.jpg20200411_163319.thumb.jpg.b020595f698f9bab4ddf3450fe9574df.jpg20200411_163342.thumb.jpg.7e5cb7ab1252b1bcc3699718bf5f8e28.jpg

 

so for you archery guys,  this is basically what your looking for to make pope and young. This guy just misses it at 67 7/8" after deductions.  Gross score is 71 3/4"

I guessed 56” on the first. The your 2nd post I guessed 72” so I’m only half wrong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

Ok here's one after the kill,  note the 1st pic is decieving, it makes his left side look bigger then he actually is.  Wife knows how to take a good pic!

20190102_101159.thumb.jpg.2c526985850c7c68565ffe8811b838dd.jpg20190102_100757.thumb.jpg.ac309656b1f222a3be1cb5eb73768cb3.jpg20190103_081443.thumb.jpg.05840db94345579bc3c3b939090facb3.jpg20190303_135751.thumb.jpg.eb21766591a8b5be02a4d70adc1c4d1a.jpg

 

 

 

ok this guy comes in at..  

98.75 gross and 96.5 net score.  

I think me and that buck took a ride together lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I think me and that buck took a ride together lol.

He got to ride in an Audi, pretty fancy.

I'm glad you didnt get shot walking into the wrong person's backyard to pick him up for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×