Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Lost AZ Gold

I'm adventurous and bored by this Covid crap. Probably an unhealthy combination.

The house my granddad built in Tolleson still stands. Last year my mother and I drove past it and she recollected the story of carrying the stones to build it. 

Called my mom last night about the story and she believes her father buried caches of gold there in Tolleson as well as particular sites in Yuma and La Paz County.

Turns out his neighbor in Tolleson was not just a close friend, but a cousin from my great grandmom's side.

Even the oleanders are still there, just as described.

810518674_Capture_2020-04-23-11-30-482.thumb.png.f3b9705e8681aad88fc04a4165dd0156.png

My question, and it's a serious one, how to approach the current occupant and metal detect and get my share of anything found?

Would appreciate any insight.

"Hi, we've never met, can I dig for lost treasure in your yard?"tenor-1.gif.d884e5230d79033b63f65bf9b5c38263.gif

Type out the history, knock on the door, introduce your self and ask if they have a minute. If they seem like decent folks then let them read the story and decide. If they’re assholes then don’t mention treasure and wait for a new owner lol.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

wow, built in the 1860s. had to be hot out there with no a/c

That was before global warming 

• Like 3

On 4/22/2020 at 8:59 PM, wildwoody said:

I still want to buy some from you..

Like this?21713.jpeg.e2086754092fd5a8cf289fe05a729975.jpeg

• Like 3

With that picture and location you may have just let the cat out of the bag. And lost your half. Just playing this is good shoot.

17 hours ago, Edge said:

Like this?21713.jpeg.e2086754092fd5a8cf289fe05a729975.jpeg

Yes just like that one.. That's a Bobby dazzler lol. Just got 2) 3+ gram nuggies.

Pretty sure if there was any “lost gold” in AZ with any type of history, written or verbal, it’s probably been found and silently sold or pawned by tweakers by now.  They’ve got more time and energy than any of us.  

A guy would probably have more success figuring out how to stake new claims for coal mines to fire power plants located in virgin wilderness areas...

On 4/23/2020 at 11:21 AM, Edge said:

I'm adventurous and bored by this Covid crap. Probably an unhealthy combination.

The house my granddad built in Tolleson still stands. Last year my mother and I drove past it and she recollected the story of carrying the stones to build it. 

Called my mom last night about the story and she believes her father buried caches of gold there in Tolleson as well as particular sites in Yuma and La Paz County.

Turns out his neighbor in Tolleson was not just a close friend, but a cousin from my great grandmom's side.

Even the oleanders are still there, just as described.

810518674_Capture_2020-04-23-11-30-482.thumb.png.f3b9705e8681aad88fc04a4165dd0156.png

My question, and it's a serious one, how to approach the current occupant and metal detect and get my share of anything found?

Would appreciate any insight.

"Hi, we've never met, can I dig for lost treasure in your yard?"tenor-1.gif.d884e5230d79033b63f65bf9b5c38263.gif

Ive heard of people doing this and they do a 50/50 split of anything found.