Sign in to follow this  
GRONG

AZ unit 8 sheds

A friend of mine has found 4 or 5 years of sheds off of this bull. He picked up the last shed back in the fall of '04 and it was that spring's shed. He has pounded it looking for the other side and just could never come up with it. He said he remembers seeing a lot of footprints in that same area during that spring so he's thinking that someone has it already. We're thinking that it has been found and it was probably a fresh shed so it should look pretty awesome!

Here I am holding 2 antlers off this bull, they do not match. The right antler in my right hand is the one we'd like to get the match to. Had either antler not been broken we're guessing the bull in the 410-415" range.

post-3-1212212796_thumb.jpg

post-3-1212212829_thumb.jpg

post-3-1212212869_thumb.jpg

post-3-1212212900_thumb.jpg

Here is Chris with all his sheds from this bull that he has, other than a single he found in '04 that was from the spring of '03s drop that isn't pictured here.

post-3-1212212758_thumb.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. Email me at antlerboy@commspeed.net if you have any info.

Thanks,

Josh Epperson

Holy s!##! them are amazing. Awesome find!

TJ

Bigguns!!!!!!!! ;) I know the feeling, good luck to your friend!!

I'll probly spend allota time looking for 7x8 set this year, I think they'll go 420+, he's Also a Triple eyegaurd bull. Last years set off him was just under 400, but he broke his g-1 :( Hope this years aint! His palls are all big boys too :) The search goes on..............................................................................

.................................................................................

.................................................................................

............................... Not ever in unit 8 but I'll keep my peepers peeled :blink:

I found 5 elk sheds in unit 8 this past weekend. If you added the score of all five sheds it would still score way less than one of those sheds. Amazing!!!

Hm here's a right antler that looks alot like the one you want to find the matching side for, both antlers have that flatten royal and long 3's but ther's no kicker off of this shed in the picture

CAXS0RD92-1.jpg

The royals look the same here

CALGUL132-1.jpg

The shed in the picture is from a set, the other side wasn't as big as the one in the picture...I believe this set is from the early 90's...is it possible its the same bull?

Thanks for the great pics. This just adds fuel to the fever, I was lucky enough to draw unit 8 archery BULL ;) . Can't wait til Sept. 12th. I will talk to a few of my buddies in Prescott. We have only hunted unit 8 for elk and turkey for the past 15 years and we have picked up many sheds every year.

Heres a bull from the archery season in unit 8 3 years ago. Its a friends, it has never officially been scored, but we ran a tape on it and it was just over 400". this pic doesn't do this bull justice(mainly because i am in it) i will try to locate some other photos of the bulls we have taken over the years.

post-1253-1212284893_thumb.jpg

Good thinking Tyler but that shed was found by Van Clark in unit 9 back in the mid 90's. I know cause I measured it for him for the NASHC record book.

azhunter23 that thing is a stud! Hella 4ths and 5ths! Sheesh, everyting on it is big. Ya man get some other pics of it if you can cause I'd sure love to see them!