Sign in to follow this  
palivs2hnt

Black River?

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone went up to fish Smallmouth at the Black over Memorial Day weekend? Planning on going this weekend and was curious if the water is high and how the clarity has been? Thanks! Justin

Just got back from a three day back pack trip in. The fishing was great. Unfortunately back packing in does not get you away from the boat load of people. Caught a littlle over 200 smallies the biggest of them weighing in at about 4 lbs. i will post the pics once i get the cable for the camera back from the cabin. Carl.

I don't know any details but I know a guy who went up there last weekend and said it was great fishing!

Sweet! Thanks for the replies. How was the water level? Where we pack in, it can sometimes be a little tough to cross if the water is high. Thanks again, glad to hear you had a great time.

Just got back from a three day back pack trip in. The fishing was great. Unfortunately back packing in does not get you away from the boat load of people. Caught a littlle over 200 smallies the biggest of them weighing in at about 4 lbs. i will post the pics once i get the cable for the camera back from the cabin. Carl.

Thanks! Can't wait to see pictures.

I don't know any details but I know a guy who went up there last weekend and said it was great fishing!

Sweet! Thanks for the replies. How was the water level? Where we pack in, it can sometimes be a little tough to cross if the water is high. Thanks again, glad to hear you had a great time.

It is easily crossed. The parts we crossed were mid thigh high.

Hey buddy, I was going to go the week before Memorial day but my brother had been down in and said it was really high. I'm probably going after gradation june 16-18th or somewhere around there, I'll just be waiting for my liscense. later

but my brother had been down in and said it was really high

It's dropped a bit as of 10 days ago... Still one of the most pristine places in the state!

Didn't wet a line, but should have brought the fly-rod...

AzP&Y

post-898-1214620952_thumb.jpg

The trip was sensational! 100+ fish a day...here are a few pics of one nights dinner for 3 of us. Water was clear, slightly higher than years past this time of year.

post-2155-1214871720_thumb.jpg

post-2155-1214871782_thumb.jpg

Right hand looks like a stringer of catfish? Whatd ya catch them on?

Chicken liver. We spent all of 20 min catfishing and caught 4.