dcshorthairs

6.5 Creedmoor Reload Data

41.1 grains of H4530 behind a 143 grain ELD-X shoots extremely well out of both of my 6.5 Creedmoors. I measured my speed at 2661 FPS out of my Ruger Precision. I have not yet had a chance to speed test the round out of my daughter's Tikka, but it groups nicely. I also trim my brass after every shot to 1.910. I use Hornady brass with Federal Match (GM210M) large rifle primers.

If it's Hornady brass chances are it's a large rifle primer. I usually use a Federal 210M with mine.

• Like 2

Thanks guys. This is great information. I moved not too long ago so I’m having to build a new reloading bench. I’m hoping to be up and running by this Saturday. Sounds like the h4350 is the closest to the hunter precision rounds that Hornady sells. Anyone shooting an x bolt long range with these reloads?

Something from a guy with an 8lb jug of H4350 above his bench - don't underestimate Superformance powder for those 143 eld-x. I have a factory 20" 6.5CR putting 2.5" groups at 400 yards 70 FPS faster than I could get out of H4350 that barely shot <MOA at 100 yards. No signs of pressure but did see similar velocities at the next charge weight so I stopped.  

Lapua Brass

43.2gr Superformance

CCI Small Magnum Primer

.003" off the lands

It isn't an Extreme (temp stable) Hodgdon powder but it only had a 15 FPS difference from July-December temps. Should also be readily available. Research should show several shooters from other forums had success with it as well.  

I also used the superformance powder with really good results.  Not sure of the exact amount. Have that all written down and it's at my buddies on his bench.

210 federal primers

Hornady brass

143 eldx

8 hours ago, CouesPursuit said:

Something from a guy with an 8lb jug of H4350 above his bench - don't underestimate Superformance powder for those 143 eld-x. I have a factory 20" 6.5CR putting 2.5" groups at 400 yards 70 FPS faster than I could get out of H4350 that barely shot <MOA at 100 yards. No signs of pressure but did see similar velocities at the next charge weight so I stopped.  

Lapua Brass

43.2gr Superformance

CCI Small Magnum Primer

.003" off the lands

It isn't an Extreme (temp stable) Hodgdon powder but it only had a 15 FPS difference from July-December temps. Should also be readily available. Research should show several shooters from other forums had success with it as well.  

Never have loaded the superformance before. Always have wanted to try it. Most people are saying that h4350 is a great powder for these 6.5. What speeds were you getting with the superformance?

7 hours ago, northAZarcher said:

I also used the superformance powder with really good results.  Not sure of the exact amount. Have that all written down and it's at my buddies on his bench.

210 federal primers

Hornady brass

143 eldx

If you come across the load data let me know. Taking note of all this information to test out

I use H4350 in a lot of 6.5CMs, and in my 6CM too.  But, in short barreled ones, I have used Superformance.  Better speeds than H4350, but not quite as temp stable.  Not terrible like some RL powders though.

Hornady brass is LRP.  And would honestly be one of my last choices for brass, unless you already have a couple hundred.  Weight sort them and cull anything outside of a 2 grain (+/- 1) from your median weight.  Then check neck thickness.

If you don't have a few hundred, bite the bullet (so to speak) and buy Lapua SRP, Alpha SRP, or ADG.  I think Peterson might even be making some.

1 hour ago, lancetkenyon said:

I use H4350 in a lot of 6.5CMs, and in my 6CM too.  But, in short barreled ones, I have used Superformance.  Better speeds than H4350, but not quite as temp stable.  Not terrible like some RL powders though.

Hornady brass is LRP.  And would honestly be one of my last choices for brass, unless you already have a couple hundred.  Weight sort them and cull anything outside of a 2 grain (+/- 1) from your median weight.  Then check neck thickness.

If you don't have a few hundred, bite the bullet (so to speak) and buy Lapua SRP, Alpha SRP, or ADG.  I think Peterson might even be making some.

I heard that Starline was making both.

10 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

Thanks lance. I have a 26” barrel so that should help with the stability. I don’t have a bunch of LRP brass, but enough once fired to make it count for now. The hard part is finding some h4350 on the shelf now

22 hours ago, dcshorthairs said:

Never have loaded the superformance before. Always have wanted to try it. Most people are saying that h4350 is a great powder for these 6.5. What speeds were you getting with the superformance?

20" barrel, 2735fps was max.

6 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

20" barrel, 2735fps was max.

22" 1:8", 130 OTM @ 2830.