Sign in to follow this  
sherman

Look for advice on boots

I have a pair of crispis that my feet hate. I have tried to make them work but my feet just refuse to like them. My best boot for my feet have been the irish setters in the hunt series in the Vaprtrek.  

Speaking of socks, my choice is Wrightsock.  They are a duel layered sock that ensures the friction occurs between the two sock layers, as opposed to between your foot & sock.  Guaranteed NO blisters!  I bought my first pair about 4 years ago, and will never go back to wool.  (Of course, MY opinion only. ;) )

Stan

I'll add my two cents to the conversation. I bought some Salomon 4d Quest GTX a few weeks ago. I put a few miles on them the next morning in some rough country with a fairly light pack. Those combined with some Darn Tough hiking socks and I was really impressed. They feel sturdy but comfortable with adequate ankle support for me. It's not a very big sample size, but initially I am very happy with them.

An added bonus was glassing up 16 deer 😉

21 minutes ago, daryl_s said:

16 deer 😉

you at the zoo glassing? lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jim said:

I have a pair of crispis that my feet hate. I have tried to make them work but my feet just refuse to like them. My best boot for my feet have been the irish setters in the hunt series in the Vaprtrek.  

I had a pair of the Vaprtrek boots. They were very comfortable, but didn't even make it 5 days of hiking and they were trashed. The sole was worn through and the mesh was shredded.