azhuntnut

10x50els or 10x42 ELs?

The 10x42 feel nicer in the hand and weigh slightly less

Image brightness of 10 X 50 Swaro glass is outstanding.  Should you choose to go with 10 X 42's, I suggest you take a long look at the SLC HD's, they are excellent. 

I had the 8.5's for about 12 years and replaced them with 10's two years ago. They were older ones so I sent them into Swarvo for a check up. When I got them back they went to Outdoorsmans for a stud. 

Not much difference over the 8.5's but now that I can put them on a tripod it is a huge difference.

I am not a fan of the el binos. The flattening effect is just weird to me. I prefer the slc!!! That’s my personal opinion of course. The image is spectacular in both as expected. But like I said, the flattening effect of the el is just weird to me. A 10x42 and a 15x56 are all I need. I don’t even run a spotter anymore.

BA1C86A5-A341-4358-9552-B673D920A236.jpeg

I have used the 8.5els since they came out. I love the 8.5s for hand/chest pair and then glass with the 15s.  Most of my hunting partners defaulted to the 10s, but honestly I don't notice any advantage in the 10s when hand glassing.. I'm not able to see anymore detail with the extra 1.5X but I do feel more forgiveness with 1.5x less.    I did own a pair of 10x50slc that I absolutely loved, but too heavy and bulky so the 10x50els maybe the ultimate, but I don't have any personal experience. I would go with 8.5s again every time over the 10sx42s though.   My preference anyway.