Sign in to follow this  
camoremi

Sycamore canyon

Have any of you hike into sycamore canyon trail #40 ? I’m scouting potential areas to target on onX maps  if I draw for rifle it’s pretty much guaranteed it will be a 36b tag  pretty much taking 2 Sunday’s a month to scout down there. Fro. Satelliteit looks pretty rugged and the fact that vehicle traffic is prohibited it seems like a good area to hike in to get Way from the lazy hunters that will glass from hills close to roads.  This is one of three areas I want to check out so far  any input would be appreciated.  I already know about potential illegal run ins.  So don’t need input on that aspect  

16 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

The worse it gets the better it will be..

You got a point there.  If we don’t wanna go there mist likely that’s where the deer are.  👍

• Like 2

Deer are everywhere in that unit. Every buck our group has taken down there has been within a mile of a road. Good luck. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, camoremi said:

Have any of you hike into sycamore canyon trail #40 ? I’m scouting potential areas to target on onX maps  if I draw for rifle it’s pretty much guaranteed it will be a 36b tag  pretty much taking 2 Sunday’s a month to scout down there. Fro. Satelliteit looks pretty rugged and the fact that vehicle traffic is prohibited it seems like a good area to hike in to get Way from the lazy hunters that will glass from hills close to roads.  This is one of three areas I want to check out so far  any input would be appreciated.  I already know about potential illegal run ins.  So don’t need input on that aspect  

I wouldn't call it laziness. I'm almost 70 and can't really hike 5 or 6 miles a day like I could when I was 45.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

I wouldn't call it laziness. I'm almost 70 and can't really hike 5 or 6 miles a day like I could when I was 45.

Not saying everyone is lazy. Just a lot of people my age will ride roads in there sxs 

I have day hiked and backpacked in Sycamore Canyon several times. 

Nice hike, good place to swim. 

There are better places to hike in and glass in that unit. 

On 6/14/2020 at 11:58 AM, camoremi said:

PM sent