Non-Typical Solutions

Dodge Truck Owners

7 minutes ago, knothead said:

???!!!

We took a tangent to talk about Dodge trucks in a TV show. 

also...I read somewhere that Bone Collector filmed an episode there hunting either deer or elk on the ranch where Yellowstone is filmed. 

• Haha 1

I have friends from all sides. Ford vs Chevy. Ford vs dodge. Dodge vs Chevy. Chevy vs dodge...I don’t know a single one that hasnt literally said “cheap butt dodge can tow” But dang mine line looks better and costs twice as much...just saying they will break down. I just like my dodge over the old power stroke that should/could do what I wanted it to do. I only asked it to tow a dang trailer...

I have a 2019 ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi  with a 2 inch lift kit. new style...love it. took it last week through some rough country no problem.  I rented a ford f150 and a ram 1500 for a week to see what I liked better.  the f150 twin turbo is fast especially with sport mode.  But after driving both for over a week, I liked the Ram 1500 better.  smoother ride, more plush, and handled off road better.  just my thoughts.

• Like 2

I’ve had both. Go with the Dodge Ram. 

99 ford Issues blown head gasket etc  

2004 dodge No issues

2007 dodge no issues

2011 Ford ( big mistake) issues Rattle trap

2014 dodge :) no issues 

On 7/2/2020 at 9:24 AM, youngdon said:

I’ve had both. Go with the Dodge Ram. 

99 ford Issues blown head gasket etc  

2004 dodge No issues

2007 dodge no issues

2011 Ford ( big mistake) issues Rattle trap

2014 dodge :) no issues 

I agree I bought a 2019 RAM Big Horn 4x4  love it 

Love my 2001 , I think its preference , you can find anyone to hate anything..

• Like 2

On 6/23/2020 at 10:48 AM, AverageJoe said:

No offense to the Ram guys, but you’ll hate the Ram coming from a Ford. The Ford is a far superior vehicle. There is a reason the Rams are soo much cheaper. Ive had both.  If you do get a Ram, get the bare bones model as GreyGhost said. Its the only one worth the money. The electronics of the bighorn or Laramie are junk, and will fail or just shutoff at random times. The rest of the higher end models turn into rattle traps over time. Never had a vehicle that rattled as much as a ram. 

Actually I came from a f250 to a 2500 ram and don’t hate it at all.  The Ford was the 2nd worst vehicle i’ve Ever owned!

I've owned a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 with a 5.7L Cummins for 14 years. It's been a tank! The engine is nearly unstoppable and gives me all the power I need. We towed our 12,500lb 5th wheel with it for 10 years and it towed it perfectly, even long steep grades didn't slow it down. We sold the trailer and I put a shell on it and put a mattress in back. I use it for hunting and it has never failed me.

Two things to keep in mind with the Dodge; the transmission and front end. They can be fickle. I replaced the transmission with a heavy duty ATS transmission at 170,000 mi with no problems. The front end can be annoying, just make sure you keep up with the servicing of it and it should give you no big problems.

2020-02-28 14.02.27.jpg

• Like 2

Update on the old Ram diesel , so My turbo modulator took a dump and cracked leaking coolant into the electronics. So 3800.00 dollars later I now find out two other guys I know had theirs go out around 100,000 miles and im finding out its a common deal on the ram 6.7. Well I would have said nothing but great on this truck up until now. Guess ill be rethinking my next purchase. These trucks were all 2015 and newer.