Curious what everyone's opinion is on how long it takes a deer to get comfortable with a ground blind going up on a dirt tank?

Some deer get skittish and some don't seem to pay much attention.  I had 4 big muleys slowly approach a tank I had a pop up bling set up by the fence- all brushed in- and three stayed back while the one got about 45 yds but decided he didn't like what he saw so they all left.  Other times I've sat my chair behind some branches and sat still while a 4x4 looked my way once and just kept coming in till I double lunged him at 23 yds.  

I personally think wind and scent control are priorities

• Like 1

I think they are very skittish and normally they assume everything is about to kill them but when they can use one sense to confirm another typically they bolt. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bigbuckfever said:

Some deer get skittish and some don't seem to pay much attention.  I had 4 big muleys slowly approach a tank I had a pop up bling set up by the fence- all brushed in- and three stayed back while the one got about 45 yds but decided he didn't like what he saw so they all left.  Other times I've sat my chair behind some branches and sat still while a 4x4 looked my way once and just kept coming in till I double lunged him at 23 yds.  

I personally think wind and scent control are priorities

Scent control is a must. I have hunted out of blinds my whole life. And it doesn't matter how much cover you have if the smell you there gone. Blinds work well I normally go a week before. You really cant do much any earlier. Some idoit will still your stuff. I use a ozonics  scent control and I have very good results.

You have to brush blinds in heavy for mulies. Whitetails come in no matter what.

Thanks for the info. I'll set it up the sunday before archery season opens and cover in brush. Also will use plenty of scent blocker

1 minute ago, tyler1215 said:

Thanks for the info. I'll set it up the sunday before archery season opens and cover in brush. Also will use plenty of scent blocker

Rub juniper bushes and any natural sent you have around you. Do this before entering your hunting  area. Scent blockers work. Also. 

23 hours ago, tyler1215 said:

Also not a bad idea to submerge the blind in the pond to help with scent. That has worked for me.